EZM "Q"-matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a pretty safe bet on any 26" Schwinn cantilever frame

hmmm I have a '61 Schwinn

Please share any speed and performance updates as you know them.

What size rear sproket are you running?

Hi mmachine,

I will gladly help answer some of your questions [ratios] about the EZM drive system attached to the HF motor. I built 2 Q-matic drives for the HF motor, one for Jim & Chris and one for Ray. Because of the width of the motor it is necessary to position the motor slightly to the right side of the frame in order for the chain to align correctly with the rear wheel.
Because of the RPM range we designed a special clutch to engage at lower RPMs. The stock EZM kit connects the clutch about 400 RPMs off idle whereas the HF motor doesn't start connecting untill approx 800 RPMs from idle. The larger motor produces more torque in the mid range but the top end is much lower [just over 30 MPH].

The rear ratios on the EZM drive equiped HF motor is 5.6 X 1, and total ratios are 14.67 X 1. It is possible to use these ratios because of the Q-Matic design, and normally the ratios are between 18.75 X 1 to over 22 X 1 on other drive systems. The only performance update was the EZM flex pipe system, however Ray's was run forward and then down, whereas Jim & Chris's was routed upward and back [got warm in a sensitive area].

The HF motor isn't as quick or as fast as the stock EZM 49 CC motor or the optional Honda motor, but is a good choice if you already have all the needed parts for the project [gas tank, throttle system, mounts, chain, sprokets, etc]. It is necessary to fabricate a motor mount and make one small change to the EZM drive system [drill 4 holes to mate it to the side of the motor] to make it work correctly.

It is important to note that both bikes worked great, rode nice, and sounded great.

Have fun,

New optional ratios in the works.

Currently working out prices & details with an American company to offer a wide range of ratio options. The choices will span from 13.31 X 1 to 16.46 X 1 and will offer top end speeds between 28.1 to 34.8 MPH with an average weight rider from 175 to 225 lbs. Current options include 13.31, 14.07, 14.68 [stock], 15.52, 15.97 [optional stock], & 16.46 X 1. Ratio changes should average under 15 minuites to install and cost under $15.00 [average].

Approximate test speeds @ 6000 RPMs
13.31 X 1 = 34.8 MPH
14.07 X 1 = 32.9 MPH
14.68 X 1 = 31.6 MPH
15.52 X 1 = 29.9 MPH
15.97 X 1 = 29 MPH
16.46 X 1 = 28.1 MPH

Have fun,

The EZQ-Matic belt final drive

The perfected Q-matic Looks so far as Great Automatic primary,, and Now with the smoothness, cleanliness,and No noise detactable, of an all belt automatic Long lasting American Made drive system. sending this Bike off to Super Dave For extensive testing

Attachments

• PICT0588.jpg
    PICT0588.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Quentin

What rear sproket would be used on the various ratios?

Snake Bike

Very very nice, jealous I am.

Hi mmachine,

The basic EZM QMatic is based around a 56 tooth rear and a 10 tooth drive sprocket [5.6 X 1 secondary ratio].

We are currently researching optional rear sprockets in 60 & 72 tooth range for future drive systems [currently in testing].

Merry Christmas
Have fun,

The perfected Q-matic Looks so far as Great Automatic primary,, and Now with the smoothness, cleanliness,and No noise detactable, of an all belt automatic Long lasting American Made drive system. sending this Bike off to Super Dave For extensive testing

I, for one, certainly like the belt drive over the chain driven sprocket drive. Is the belt drive going to be as available as the chain drive?

I believe the belt secondary is available from Helmutt only at this time
but,,,I have 3200+ miles on my EZM now (600+ on the Q-Matic :))

Q-Matic in full production......
We designed it to be adapatable to the majority of 4-stroke motors.
Final design allows stall speeds from 1050 RPM to 2200 RPMs [easily modified].

Easy Motorbike Company is now working on a 2 speed automatic [with the help, vast knowledge, and fabrication of one of our Authorized dealers].

Looking forward to 2010

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back