Flooded 4 stroke!

redneckready2131

Local time
2:37 PM
So a little history. I'm running a 49cc hausheng on a hyper beach cruiser, it's my second engine now as I actually couldn't figure out the removal of the piston. The first one just needs a new oil ring for the piston and it should be up and running again! Well long story short the new one slowly began to stop running. I narrowed it down to a clogged fuel line. Now she's just flooded and for the life of me I can't seem to get it to run I've let it sit change spark plugs the whole nine yards it sounds for almost a split second like it wants to kick over but it won't anybody got a suggestion on a fast way to get it to dry out other than taking the engine off and flipping it over? I'm hoping it's flooded after draining it this morning it seemed like there was gas in the oil res🤷

BTW I'm out right now, so I'll post pics when I get back. If anyone sees this thank you!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230313_190139_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230313_190139_Gallery.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 79
Nice bike. I'd let it sit without the spark plug and maybe pull it over a couple times with the plug out. Ad long as your plug is dry it should fire. Also if you suspect any gas in the oil I'd recommend you change it.

So a little history. I'm running a 49cc hausheng on a hyper beach cruiser, it's my second engine now as I actually couldn't figure out the removal of the piston. The first one just needs a new oil ring for the piston and it should be up and running again! Well long story short the new one slowly began to stop running. I narrowed it down to a clogged fuel line. Now she's just flooded and for the life of me I can't seem to get it to run I've let it sit change spark plugs the whole nine yards it sounds for almost a split second like it wants to kick over but it won't anybody got a suggestion on a fast way to get it to dry out other than taking the engine off and flipping it over? I'm hoping it's flooded after draining it this morning it seemed like there was gas in the oil res🤷

BTW I'm out right now, so I'll post pics when I get back. If anyone sees this thank you!!!
Also check your carb float isn't hung up or needle is stuck, a common problem if the bike sat unused for a while. I usually elevate the front of the bike till the carb has a slight pitch to the air filter and turn on the petcock, if gas runs out, clean your carb bowl.

The really big question is, are you using ethanol-free gas? Have you spark-tested the ignition coil? Valve lash clearance can also cause issues like this.
I don't find a problem with the ethanol gas if you are riding regularly several times a week but if you let sit for 2 to 3 weeks expect carburetor problems.

I don't find a problem with the ethanol gas if you are riding regularly several times a week but if you let sit for 2 to 3 weeks expect carburetor problems.
When I first moved to Rockwood no gas station sold ethanol free gas. Around every 4-6 months I was having to clean clogged jets in my bike's diaphragm carburetor. I also had to clean jets in my lawn equipment as well. Two years ago a station started selling 100% gas. I haven't cleaned a carburetor since. In Oak Ridge I only used a 100% gas in my bike and lawn equipment; I never had to clean any of the carbs.

Granted if ethanol sits it causes more damage quicker. However, even when it's run through regularly, damage such as tarnish build-up is still happening.

When I first moved to Rockwood no gas station sold ethanol free gas. Around every 4-6 months I was having to clean clogged jets in my bike's diaphragm carburetor. I also had to clean jets in my lawn equipment as well. Two years ago a station started selling 100% gas. I haven't cleaned a carburetor since. In Oak Ridge I only used a 100% gas in my bike and lawn equipment; I never had to clean any of the carbs.

Granted if ethanol sits it causes more damage quicker. However, even when it's run through regularly, damage such as tarnish build-up is still happening.
Actually not a Time spilled up

Alcohol doesn't touch these lips, Ethanol doesn't touch my carbs...lol...lol.

Back