Florida laws

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by Neufcruz, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

Sorry for a new post and really don't want this to get into some crazy debate as in some of the other posts that I could not even tread through to find an answer.
    i have a skyhawk frame with a GT6 2 stroke engine.
    Trying to make this as legal as I can. what do I do? Im more confused nowe. I thought as long as it was 50cc or less then I didnt need anything.

Mike

2. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Google and read RS68 Fl regs.

3. Specialx

Specialx Member

Doug is correct... Follow the instructions contained in the Florida DMV RS-68 procedure to make your bicycle legal.
    Bottom line is headlights,taillights,register it as a moped, make sure you have at least a regular drivers license and then you're good to go.
    What were you expecting?
    A little more degail, would be helpful.

4. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

You'll also need to get rid of the manual clutch. You'll have to get a pull start and centrifugal clutch.

5. Neufcruz

Neufcruz Member

I wonder how much they will Enforce. So brake lights? Will look into no clutch and pull start. I thought this was going to be easy. Lol
    Thanks
    Mike

6. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

I just reread RS68...cannot have clutch after starting....whoever wrote this law is a doofus.....what are you suppose to do when you come to a stop...I can't see a difference in a centrifugal clutch and a manual as far as the law goes..

7. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Yeah, that is pretty dumb but the only reason I can see is that it helps with breaking response time. When you have the manual clutch, you need to release the throttle, pull the clutch, and then break. Pulling the clutch in does increase your breaking response time but I wouldn't imagine it will be a big deal on these low speed motorized bikes. Motorcycles on the other hand... :snobby:

8. LR Jerry

Look at it like this; at least you can now build something they'll issue a moped tag for after passing inspection. Before that a self built moped wasn't legal.

9. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Sir, with all due respect....you are a f**king idiot...rs68 DESTROYED Mb's in Florida

10. LR Jerry

What's stopping you from building a legal self built moped by RS-68 standards?

11. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

To a lot of people this NOT a hobby but needed transportation...no matter what the reason life goes on even after ****ups.....Cost & unnecessary laws are the reason ...Now laws are so crazy that you get PRISON time for no license....

12. LR Jerry

My state of Tennessee requires a driver's license and I have one. My state also has a 50 cc and an automatic transmission requirements. I'm a large person and the hills are steep. So I built a bike which shift gears automatically. It seems if you can't get your license back; then move to where you don't need one. Still it's better that some can now ride legal on a self built moped in Florida instead of what it was before; fly under the radar and hope you don't get caught.