Getting my first Zeda kit soon seeking advice

Yes I think your right. Just be interesting to see what gains I get with the Oz Reed and mz pipe on a stock cylinder. I might take my bike to the store every now and then or go for a rip around block. That's about it just a toy to mess around with.

I think it would be fairly close but at those speeds a couple miles per hour more creates alot more wind resistance and that takes quite a bit more power to overcome....it's easy to go from 30 to 35 but from 45 to 50 power requirements increase quite a bit so its not going to be quite as easy.

Last edited:
Also keep in mind that it's alot more than just power that will determine you overall speed..tire pressure...your position on the bike meaning how tucked in your arms and legs and even your head can be and how low you can position yourself.

Yes for sure. I got a new Fred head today. Now I've got the Reed,head, exhaust and ignition. Think I'm gonna buy one of Fred's cheaper motors this winter.

A grubee motor is something I'd like to own at some point but the Zeda80 motors stood out for me personally.

Got the new front fork almost fully installed today. Still gotta get the headset pipe cut or get some spacers & a new star nut for the headset bolt but the SR Suntor 80mm fits my bike great! So glad they made a 1/18 threadless version.

Sorry the image is sideways couldn't edit it after uploading
DFE3AF3A-EB2E-4828-A62E-9CD3A703FF31.jpeg

Now I just gotta find a good disk brake compatible hub & a good hydraulic disk brake kit for the front wheel.

Got the new front fork almost fully installed today. Still gotta get the headset pipe cut or get some spacers & a new star nut for the headset bolt but the SR Suntor 80mm fits my bike great! So glad they made a 1/18 threadless version.

Sorry the image is sideways couldn't edit it after uploading
View attachment 80212

Now I just gotta find a good disk brake compatible hub & a good hydraulic disk brake kit for the front wheel.
That Suntour XCT is a decent spring fork...I used one for about 6 months on the trails with a mountain bike I used to own...keep the shafts clean and lightly greased and it will treat you well...Expect it to soften up a little with some use

Use spacers first so you can adjust your body comfortably to the bars....once you do that then measure any excess and cut from there.

Got the front fork completly instaled & reay to go. Payed a local bike shop to install a star nut yesterday & put everything together myself today. Just need the disk brake hub laced in the front rim & a disk brake kit installed & should be good to go. Steering is a bit stiffer than before but that could be because I’m using the original upper bearing cap that sits just below the headstock. Still turns Ok though just not as smoothly as I was used to before probably wont even notice the difference much when I’m out on a ride.

Sorry the image is sideways I don't know why they keep uploading this way.
ABAA4864-22B7-4B2F-933D-67A2BC2B11B9.jpeg

Finaly got around to getting a disk brake compatible wheel & the hydraulic disk brake installed. Stops on a dime now & having some suspension is nice to. Fork is an SR Suntor 1/18 threadless Hub is a Shimano Deore front disk & brakes are Clarks brand hydraulic with an extended cable to reach my ape hanger handle bars & rim brand is a Ryhnolight using 14G spokes from my local bike shop bought the wheel completed since it was cheaper than having them install a hub on the stock wheel. The new front wheel I got uses a double wall rim so its stronger anyway. All together costed me just shy of $250 for this conversion project. Some labor I did myself to save some cash other labor I had to pay my local bike shop to do for me like extending the cable housing on the brakes & installing the new star nut on the Suntor fork.

Attachments

• 49786273-32B0-40E3-9D92-E12693E29856.jpeg
    49786273-32B0-40E3-9D92-E12693E29856.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 122
  • D37B03C9-A206-4F46-B9A8-2BBE2124FC89.jpeg
    D37B03C9-A206-4F46-B9A8-2BBE2124FC89.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 057D490C-1B1B-4A12-8B6B-86861A59D044.jpeg
    057D490C-1B1B-4A12-8B6B-86861A59D044.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 138
Back