Greetings from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

I look forward to meeting and sharing information with all members. I am a 63 year old man with respiratory problems and still determined to ride all I can and as long as I can.

Hey Man! I'm in Milwaukee too! i just got my bike up and runnin a few weeks ago, and then i broke it:sick:, but its up and running again!:geek:

do you have any pictures of your bike? are you on the south side of town?

Hello xbeerd

I am on the near south side and yes I do have pics of two of my bikes. I just haven't figured out how to post them here yet. Getting ready to put these two in storage for the winter though, it's getting a bit nippy to ride now. If I can figure out how to send a private message I'll get contact information to you and perhaps we can get together to BS and drink coffee.

I am on the near south side and yes I do have pics of two of my bikes. I just haven't figured out how to post them here yet. Getting ready to put these two in storage for the winter though, it's getting a bit nippy to ride now. If I can figure out how to send a private message I'll get contact information to you and perhaps we can get together to BS and drink coffee.

im in the wilson park area, just wondering what your experience with the area cops had been, most of my riding will be from my place to down by the bradley center and out towards muskego lakes golf course by my parents place.

Hello xbeerd

I'm not far from your area at all, I'm in the area of 19th and Mitchell, in "Little Mexico" as we call it here. Lot's of Mexican and other ethnic groups in this area, no problems with any of them.
I have only been playing with motorized bikes for a month or two and haven't really ridden very far yet. Not sure how reliable they are and because of my respiratory problems I couldn't pedal the bike home from very far away.
Local police have not stopped me for anything other than curiosity about the bike and a couple took it for a ride. I asked for their driver's license before letting them ride. They thought it was a pretty neat thing and yet they didn't know what the laws regarding these bikes was so I got a chance to educate them a bit.
I have one mirror that was on the first bike. It jiggled so much I couldn't see a thing in it. I need to get a shorter one that is more rigid. The huffy bike with the white fenders is much harder riding than the Schwinn, even though both have identical tires and tire pressures.The Huffy is going up to the summer house in the Waupaca area.

I'm not far from your area at all, I'm in the area of 19th and Mitchell, in "Little Mexico" as we call it here. Lot's of Mexican and other ethnic groups in this area, no problems with any of them.
I have only been playing with motorized bikes for a month or two and haven't really ridden very far yet. Not sure how reliable they are and because of my respiratory problems I couldn't pedal the bike home from very far away.
Local police have not stopped me for anything other than curiosity about the bike and a couple took it for a ride. I asked for their driver's license before letting them ride. They thought it was a pretty neat thing and yet they didn't know what the laws regarding these bikes was so I got a chance to educate them a bit.
I have one mirror that was on the first bike. It jiggled so much I couldn't see a thing in it. I need to get a shorter one that is more rigid. The huffy bike with the white fenders is much harder riding than the Schwinn, even though both have identical tires and tire pressures.The Huffy is going up to the summer house in the Waupaca area.

thats funny, we usually called it "the barrio" (the hood) im straight south of you, on 19th/Wilbur. I'm glad to hear that the 5-0 hasnt hassled you about the motors and such, granted, im a 31 yr old dude that looks pretty young yet. so i dont know if that'll have an effect, but i been meaning to print out the 'law' and keep in on the bike in a storage compartment so if i get hassled I can tell em whats what.

Did you get any of your motors from Lynn Rietzke? (www.custommotoredbicycles.com) in Greendale? i ended up getting my kit from her, she's got a bunch of prebuilt bikes in her garage that look pretty nice but i cant buy someone elses creation... gotta make my own. :) the kit seemed to be the quality of all the other ones and her price was about the same as what it would be to have one shipped to me, so i figured eh. why not.

here's my setup currently
bbb961bc-2843-4152-ae68-f6e67733dabc_568x426r0.jpg

old trek mountain bike, i need to add a few things yet.. like a rear fender to keep the dust off my back, REAR BRAKES, and i wanna build a trailer to haul my bowling balls around :cool: other than that. the hardest part is just waiting for this weather to dry up. i dont mind the cold, but i dont wanna ride in the rain with just a front brake for obvious reasons.

so... if you ever see a free child carrier trailer lemme know! haha.

Hello xbeerd

I got the first engine from Lynn, it hasn't been a good runner and she hasn't returned email or calls, dunno why. I have replaced it with 66/80cc engine from Zoombicycles. Starts easy, runs great. I still have the engine I got from Lynn, probably nothing wrong with it other than needs breaking in. If you need another engine let me know.
I haul my balls around in a different way! If I see a child carrier, I'll let you know...are you gonna get booties and such for your balls? HAHAHAHA

I got the first engine from Lynn, it hasn't been a good runner and she hasn't returned email or calls, dunno why. I have replaced it with 66/80cc engine from Zoombicycles. Starts easy, runs great. I still have the engine I got from Lynn, probably nothing wrong with it other than needs breaking in. If you need another engine let me know.
I haul my balls around in a different way! If I see a child carrier, I'll let you know...are you gonna get booties and such for your balls? HAHAHAHA

yeah, she is a little rough around the edges but overall she is pretty nice. one thing i did notice though was she mentioned she's offering advise and support, but when i called about something the first thing she did was direct me to spookytooth.

i havent had any issues at all with the kit from her besides the motor mount stud busting off, but i dont blame her or the kit for that one, it was all about the install. i rushed to get everything together and didnt do as good of a job as i could have. 30 mnutes and a screw extractor got that taken care of. (29 minutes to get the motor out, 1 to remove the stud :)) my only REAL gripe with the kit is the cheap handles it comes with, gotta get something that absorbs more vibrations.

i've got about 70 miles on it now and everything seems fine. starts up pretty easy, i have to adjust the idle a little yet because i was messing with it just have to get it back to 'stock' and adjust from there if need be but it runs just fine as is on my 16:1 gas currently. hehe.

haha no booties, but im just using the child carrier as a start i'll make a flatbed frame with some tie down points for the cargo. gotta keep them balls safe! :D

Back