Greetings from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Balls and booties

Yeah, Lynn is a bit rough around the edges for sure but pleasant enough, and you're right about Spookytooth. I have found Spooky very easy and nice to deal with even though I haven't done much with them.
Maybe you can get a monkey for your balls. Monkeys were flat things with bowl shaped depressions to hold cannon balls on ships way back when. They were made of brass because steel monkeys froze to the cannon balls and that's not good in battle. Freezing would cause the brass to shrink and push the balls up out of the bowl, thus the expression "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey" I swear I did not make that up!
I found that the engines I got from Powerking have a larger diameter mount depression in front than engines from Lynn. Fits better on larger diameter front tubes IF the span between tubes is just right. I'd like to see a lockable socket and ball arrangement on the front mount to change the angle without adding all kinds of hardware. On the first engine I had, the mounting studs in front were so close together they wouldn't span the front tube.

Machiasmort

Wish I had a ridding partner in NY! Safety in #'s out there boy's!

I'd ride with you but don't think my tired old butt would make it all the way to Buffalo, besides by the time I get there you'd need tire chains and front skis to go anywhere with all the snow Buffalo gets off the lake.

Yeah, Lynn is a bit rough around the edges for sure but pleasant enough, and you're right about Spookytooth. I have found Spooky very easy and nice to deal with even though I haven't done much with them.
Maybe you can get a monkey for your balls. Monkeys were flat things with bowl shaped depressions to hold cannon balls on ships way back when. They were made of brass because steel monkeys froze to the cannon balls and that's not good in battle. Freezing would cause the brass to shrink and push the balls up out of the bowl, thus the expression "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey" I swear I did not make that up!
I found that the engines I got from Powerking have a larger diameter mount depression in front than engines from Lynn. Fits better on larger diameter front tubes IF the span between tubes is just right. I'd like to see a lockable socket and ball arrangement on the front mount to change the angle without adding all kinds of hardware. On the first engine I had, the mounting studs in front were so close together they wouldn't span the front tube.
haha, maybe i am showing my age but i can honestly say i havent heard that saying before. :) however, i surely dont want my balls freezing! i got a double ball rolling bag, so just a flat bed will suffice, i've got a live axle and some 10" pneumatic tires at home but if i used that i'd have to fab up some kind of mount and i dont really wanna do that :lazy:

she (Lynn) claims her kits come from the same factory as the Grubee's and from what i've found online by doing some searching it seems legit.

i think my tube is just a smidge bigger than the front mount, i shaved the rear mount down to fit the tube perfectly but i got a sliver of a gap on the front one, one of these days i'll take it off and shape it a little better but its not really a high priority to me at the moment, although it probably should be. eventually i wanna wrap the tube in some rubber or something to dampen the vibrations a little, not sure how much it'll help but its worth a shot.

Back