Hello to everyone on MOTORED BIKES.COM

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bicycleman48, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Bicycleman48

Bicycleman48 New Member

Just want to say hello and say that this is a great website. I am new to motored bicycling and I live in upstate New York. So anybody from New York state, if you have any advice, please let me know. I have always loved bicycles and motorcycles - always wanted to have a bicycle with a motor on it. My immediate project is to motorize my old Bianchi mountain bike. My long range plans are to build a chopper bicycle and motorize it. I look forward to meeting all of you in the forums. Enjoy the road !!!

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Glad you found us.

You need to get to work and build your bike. Then tell us all about it. We love it!

You'll never look back.
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi and welcome. check out the pictures, they are great reference points of the hobby.
  4. Bicycleman48

Bicycleman48 New Member

thanks for the welcome !!!

Hey, guys, thanks for the warm welcome to the forum. I am really looking forward to getting going in this hobby. As I live in New York, I read on this website about a fellow on Staten Island who was able to register a Whizzer motorbike in New York State - a legal motorbike in this crazy state LOL !!! I contacted the DMV tech support department and spoke with someone up there who told me that many Whizzer models were legal for road use in New York State. So I am looking for a Whizzer dealer .... I guess that Grubee motor I bought will just have to wait until I can put it on my mountain bike or
    my chopper project and ride it somewhere where I won't get in trouble !!! I really appreciate everybody being so friendly and open about this tremendous
    hobby. I am planning to get my motorcycle license soon .... and the Whizzer I have my eye on will probably need it. Thanks again for making me feel part of the team. You guys are great !!!