Help me spend some money.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by 2stroketech, Jun 19, 2009.

1. 2stroketech

2stroketech New Member

I just back from a 10 day stay in the hospital where I have had plenty of time to get excited about my first build.

Before I went into the hospital I had purchased a Huffy cruiser. Now that I am home I am wanting to get a motor and slowly start building the bike.

I am wanting the best 2 stroke kit I can get, Quality all the way!!!

Also at this time I am a little over 300 pounds so please concider this when you recomend a kit. Please make sure that the kit has a motor big enough for my big butt.

So these are my reuirements for an engine kit:

Complete kit
    2 stroke engine
    motor must fit in the frame.
    either a belt or chain drive.
    needs to be able to move my big butt

Thanks in advance for your sugestions and time.

2. linnix13

linnix13 Banned

go to get an 80cc engine and a smaler sprocket. also get a sland head and a boost bottle.
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Can anyone here remember the name of the guy in Canada who gives these motors a very serious rebuild? I think he's somewhere in western Ontario or eastern Manitoba (Sasketchewan?), somewhere half-way up to the Hudson Bay.

It sounds like his engines are just what the poster is looking for.
  4. linnix13

linnix13 Banned

yes his name is chris hill. google it
  5. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

I weigh 210-ish and zip along fine on my zoombicycles slant head :)
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

been riding them HTs too long

some around here have been riding them Happy Times too long

the gentleman is asking for -- Quality all the way !!!

this would mean -- ((((((not made in China))))))

noTHING that I have seen from China is quality all the way !! come on now !!

2stroketech -- you probably are looking for someTHING made in Japan

ride that thing
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  7. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Oh, I missed the 'quality' part lol. DAX does the 4 stroke setup, and have seen the nice 2 stroke friction drives, but not sure what in frame 2 stroke options are out there.
  8. 2stroketech

2stroketech New Member

I guess I should come out of the closet a little bit more and give you an idea of who I am in older to help you help me.

I have had a high performance 2 stroke shop for years that I walked a way from a year ago when I got burned by a large corpooration and my health hit the skids all at once.

I say this because I have a full machine shop, a line of ceramics and a rolodex of venders for custom pistons, cylinders, carburetors, fuel injection and exoctic materials that would make your head spin.

What I am looking for is a good quality engine to start with. To see what the flaws and needs of the industry are. I want to jump back into the motor world and this motored bike thing has turned my head to spinning again and I am excited about building again.

I am not getting on here to advertise my services (unless some one wants to hire a top notch 2 stroke mechanic). I am however wanting to get some advice on where to start when it comes to a good quality motor. I found out a long time ago that if you start out with quality; it will make your life a million times easier.

Any how thanks for your time and suggestions.
  9. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

The flaws and needs are numerous :) I am sure with your experience you could tear down one of the cheap Chinese made engines and make a long list of improvements. There are a few folks who do this, and there is a huge demand for a quality motor. With your connections, I'd love to see what you could do with one of these things! I figured from your name you must have some 2 stroke history lol.
  10. 2stroketech

2stroketech New Member

so what is the best kit to start with then?
  11. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

please don't waste your time trying to make a made in China motor
    out to be a great THING
    you are looking for someTHING quality so as to build up right and tight
    as you know -- the basic insides have to be built strong
    there are many fine 2-stroke engins around which you could hop up big time
    I talked with a guy just the other day had a little John Deer
    that was a sweet little THING