Help please motor won't start

I tried tightening the clutch flower nut even more than it already was and even replaced clutch pads with brand new ones to make sure that wasn't the problem. How do i keep the piston from hitting the head? I got it up to about 10mph pedaling and quickly let go of clutch and the wheel was turning but the motor was definitely not turning over and there was no sound coming from the motor. The drag on the wheel made me stop. The clutch will barely disengage now because of how tight I made it on the last test and even that didn't work. I did this both before and after I changed out the clutch pads for new ones

It's possible they used too long of a plug.

The only motor I know of personally that uses two base cylinder gaskets are the zeda80 motor.
If your plug turns out correct that's the only alternative I can think of to gain clearance needed, adding a second base cylinder gasket ( the one under the cylinder not the head).

If it does chances are you got the wrong plug and it's too long for the motor.

It's the spark plug that came with the motor kit and has run on it before but I will try and see what that does when I get home from work. When i had the head off the piston does move so it's gotta either be that or the compression is way too high for some reason

I also had an ngk plug that worked on there before and would suspect that one of being too big but it worked fine on it at the time. It's definitely bigger than the one I have on there right now which I believe is the z4c plug

I got confused with another thread..lol

The z4c I think is a stock plug .

Only thing I can think of is try a new jug gasket and head gasket and be sure you are torquing the nuts in at least 3 steps and in a criss cross or star pattern...be sure your studs are tight in the case as well and re use any washers used under the head nuts also.

Maybe go 5 lbs then 10 then finish up with your 13 to 15.

If the motor would crank before without an issue I don't see a magical increase in compression except for a bad head gasket that maybe has thinned out quite a bit but even then there are motors with over 200 psi that will crank over so who knows..lol

Yea, remove the plug and see what happens let us know.

Last edited:
It's possible the case may be full of fuel if you tried cranking a bunch before when it would turn over..that would cause hydro lock to an extent...just something that came to mind.

With the plug off pedal it around for a bit if it turns over...just a long shot here.

I'd think about what changed since last time it ran, and unchange it. Else, take out plug and see if it turns. Does plug still have the compression ring on it? If you lose that, it may stick in too long.

Plug still has compression ring I will try to pedal it around with the plug out when I get off. If I wanted to check if the crank case is flooded do i have to take apart the clutch assembly to pull the crank case apart?

Back