How fast is your bike?

66cc mounted on a Trek 800. Craigslist buy..
I ride 6 miles each way to work. On a warm Phoenix afternoon, I can hit 35mph
I built a couple of those last year, if it running that well it may very well be one of my new builds changing hands after it's purpose was served.
I ride at about 5-7pm and 5-7am in Phoenix Traffic. I have been damn near run over, Pushed off the road and yesterday I got hit with a sign from the "Sign Spinner"
How you doing with monsoon the last couple of days? Wet roads can get tricky here in Phoenix with the road oil coming up and dumb drivers.

Do yourself a big favor and get a good rechargeable Lithium powered CREE LED front light with a strobe function, I have 3 years riding around the valley and nothing beats it for daylight riding safety to the point I won't even test ride a customer bike in my neighborhood without one or let my help ride without one.

This is just one link I have used but if you search 'CREE T6 LED Bike Light' you will find a bunch.

http://www.amazon.com/CREE-Bicycle-Headlight-Files-Lumens/dp/B006Y1FK18

The best $22 bucks you'll ever spend on your mb and you get the added bonus of seeing drivers that didn't see you before and would have pulled out in front of you or cut off spill their morning coffee or evening beer slamming on the brakes ;-}

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
49cc 2 stroke (about 5 years old with 500 miles on it was only 300 when i bought it ) 220 lbs pot along at 20-25 mph that's fast enough for me on these bike i did get it to 30 once and frightened me to death that if i came off i hurt myself lol .

My top speed is 22 mph. Which is not too shabby considering I weigh 255 lbs and I'm running a 44-tooth sprocket on a 20" tire. On a side note; I was originally running knobby off-road BMX tires and the bike would only do 20 mph. I switched to a tire rated for a much higher pressure and one that offered low rolling resistance and picked up 2mph. I thought that was pretty cool.

20130803_191907_zpsa2779fb8.jpg

20130822_185959_zpsc6350b7b.jpg

Does that bike have a front brake, because i am not seeing one. In such cases (where the bike has only rim brakes) i label the situation "suicidal". But if it doesn't even have a rudimentary front brake then it perfectly defines the concept of "aggrandised masochism".

my first build was a older huffy aringtion when I first built it I had a dax 48cc motor. I did all the basic mods rt carb voo doo pipe cleaned the ports up and gasket matched them. I ended up on the interstate one afternoon by accident and according to the speed o I hit 45 before I found a way off the road. a few days after that I passed a speed check sine and at 35 on my speed o I was doing 32 so my guess when I was hitting 45 it was only about 39. when I did the reeds a few weeks later it was faster but by then I had broke the speed o and have no idea how much faster but I had a cop tell me that he clocked me at 45 on a bussy street. I know I had throttle left so Id say it could go a little faster then that.

Specialized Stump Jumper, 34mph downhill on 1.90" wide road tires, side by side with 2 bikes & speedometers... oh yea, that was pedal power, before the engine. It was a NICE downhill... Still working on the install of the engine in my other bike. Can't wait to find out!

" Next Avalon " because I messed up my ezip frame :( ... but I keep my pride.
I have a cy r460 on it and it goes like stink, 43.8 mph right out of the box "still tuned rich for break in" :) and that's flat ground.

I've since put about 300 miles on this bike and after a slight piston skirt mod " matched to the transfers " and lower stall clutch springs, this bike will rev 13,862 RPM @ a top speed of 52.3 unpiped :devilish:
I need sealed bearing wheels cause I've burned up a set of bearings already but they are cheap. I'll just build another setup like this but with sealed bearing wheels and front disk brakes on a better frame.

That bike has no front fender, so it does have a front brake, a TOE JAM brake. ;)
but the handlebar position would make it unsafe to use a front brake that has any real power.. bars could slip forward, the quill stem could actually snap off due to the force at that angle.. On an adult/freestlye BMX with a 1&1/8" aheadset stem and proper bar position (parallel with fork), a front brake would be safe to use.

Not suggesting it's ever ideal to toe jam brake.. but your front fender means there's no possibility of toe jamming as a back up if brakes fail. :cry:

Hi I'm new here. :D

the sudden application of toe jam, in my experience, has resulted in a brief lesson on flying, busted off the exhaust at the manifold...im pretty sure that was the time i smacked the coil lugs off the cylinder as well, and then... gave the council worker with the stop sign something to laugh at over a few beers that night... even i could see the humour in the situation :giggle:

Back