How fast is your bike?

I have a 98cc 4 stroke minibike engine on a Schwinn with 26" wheels. I geared my bike to redline at about 32mph, and can cruise easily between 25 and 30. This engine also has decent torque and pulls me up most hills quite easily. I generally cruise at about half throttle and my bike pulls very nicely.

" Next Avalon " because I messed up my ezip frame :( ... but I keep my pride.
I have a cy r460 on it and it goes like stink, 43.8 mph right out of the box "still tuned rich for break in" :) and that's flat ground.

" Next Avalon " because I messed up my ezip frame :( ... but I keep my pride.
I have a cy r460 on it and it goes like stink, 43.8 mph right out of the box "still tuned rich for break in" :) and that's flat ground.

dont worry, i wasnt slagging you or your ride. i get most of my frames off the roadside.

its just when it comes to frames, theres good stuff, and theres generic junk. what you WANT and what you GET arent always the same thing :(

a mate of mine always rings up, "oh i seen a pretty good bike on the roadside" a huffy girls frame with pressed steel v-brakes? that isnt good. but, he grew up in the days of rod brakes and bendix kickback hubs... if it has more than 10 speed it must be good...
someone else rings up. found a goped, a razor escooter, a mongoose supergoose in perfect condition, and two motorbikes, one of which we got going and sold the next week. thats a find.

dont worry, i wasnt slagging you or your ride. i get most of my frames off the roadside.

its just when it comes to frames, theres good stuff, and theres generic junk. what you WANT and what you GET arent always the same thing :(

a mate of mine always rings up, "oh i seen a pretty good bike on the roadside" a huffy girls frame with pressed steel v-brakes? that isnt good. but, he grew up in the days of rod brakes and bendix kickback hubs... if it has more than 10 speed it must be good...
someone else rings up. found a goped, a razor escooter, a mongoose supergoose in perfect condition, and two motorbikes, one of which we got going and sold the next week. thats a find.

No offence taken :) I am just working out the kinks in this build. Just fragged a freewheel yesterday. Put a screw thru it to get home. Gonna weld it solid ASAP. It runns better without the freewheeling. Less vibration, it was pretty bad from 15-25 mph now its way better and there is some engine braking till about 15mph when the clutch disengages.

mine is a 66cc HT less than standard as the exhaust is made of scrap! get about 20mph out of it on a flat about 8mph up a steep hill does the job! all guess work by the way no speedo.

got a speedo yesterday and it turns out it actually does 24mph on a flat 12mph up a hill and 29.6mph down that same hill! a good bit faster than my guessing! picked up the speedo for €5 reduced from €28 bargain of a lifetime!

I can hit 44 on level ground. ( i have a 66cc with a 32 tooth sprocket, expansion chamber, and speed carb)

66cc mounted on a Trek 800. Craigslist buy..

I ride 6 miles each way to work. On a warm Phoenix afternoon, I can hit 35mph

Understand that I am 6'4" tall and about 350lbs.

Motorized bike is my solution to transportation. I loved my pedal bikes, but the St. Judes Pacemaker in my chest and the Congestive Heart Failure don't really find pedaling fun.

I ride at about 5-7pm and 5-7am in Phoenix Traffic. I have been damn near run over, Pushed off the road and yesterday I got hit with a sign from the "Sign Spinner" for the Urgent care around the corner from the office. If it wasn't raining and I wasn't tired I would have gone back and took his sigh and smacked him..

My top speed is 22 mph. Which is not too shabby considering I weigh 255 lbs and I'm running a 44-tooth sprocket on a 20" tire. On a side note; I was originally running knobby off-road BMX tires and the bike would only do 20 mph. I switched to a tire rated for a much higher pressure and one that offered low rolling resistance and picked up 2mph. I thought that was pretty cool.

20130803_191907_zpsa2779fb8.jpg

20130822_185959_zpsc6350b7b.jpg

Back