How fast is your bike?

ok, ill change that to...

3 REAL frames, not mass produced chinese rubbish... something you can happily hurl off a 6 foot drop.

ive seen a cannondale, that i personally hate, a something, and that one. the gt. not saying its all thats out there, just the ones ive seen, touched, dealt with...

ALL THATS BESIDE THE POINT! THAT WAS A GT LTS FRAME!

i can seriously only think of three full suspension frames that would work...and thats the best of the bunch!
Nice to see you noticed that was a GT and not a Wallyworld bike, but that didn't make it an easy job, far from it.

The customer had installed the engine and JS and swapped out the rear wheel with a NuVinci 170S internal hub shifter and just couldn't make it go so he brought it to me to 'make it go'.

The problem is the aluminum dropouts, you just can't keep the axle in place when you throw a bunch of power at it without stays and we tried pretty much everything on his build, enough for me to make a pic and description of what parts are what and my experience with them has been.

Performance.jpg

The topic is HERE if you care to see my opinion on the numbered parts but note the model of jackshaft, that is a 2 year old assessment of parts and some things have changed since then.

Anyway as far as the rear suspension frame pivots it was very solid as far as aluminum can go and I have to admit, scary fun to 'test ride' for a week or two ;-}

I've wondered with that shift kit you have, does your crank free wheel or do that pedals always stay engaged with the engine?
No, the pedals are not directly connected to the twin front chain rings, and that is about half the cost of a kit, the magic HD freewheel bearing that a special pedal crank arm for the right side screws into that lets the pedals freewheel ratchet in place when the motor is driving the pedal sprockets so the pedals don't beat your legs apart ;-}

cannondale=mass produced made in Taiwan / other places OVERSEAS rubbish

Cannondale's bicycle division was purchased in 2003 by Pegasus Capital Advisors, which supported the company's renewed focus on bicycle production. In February 2008, Cannondale was purchased from Pegasus Capital Advisors by Dorel Industries. In April 2009 it was announced that all production would be transferred to Taiwan.
So much for cannondale being so great HEADMESS?
http://www.bikemag.com/news/cannondale_sold/
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/cannondale-closing-us-production-facilities-21101

ive seen a cannondale, that i personally hate

ahem? pardon? i wouldnt touch a cannondale, even an early one, with a ten foot pole.

they once were a real brand. like giant. GT. haro. hoffman, gary fisher... i still never liked them.

no, the GT is one of those bikes you got to rid as a teen and knew it needed an engine. the LTS 1 had 8 inches from that pathetic lil rockshox!

though, id copy most of that rear end, rather than use the actual frame itself. (knowing about the dropouts helps, see?) im told those bearings are hard to find. and why kill a collectors piece? its a rare, old bike. droooling material. i only ever saw one over here.

im jealous. and to see one with an engine brings back memories :)

A little birdie has whispered into my ear that a vendor we all know is going to reproduce the GT LTS frame for a motorized application. :drool5:

:oops: did i say that...:lipsrsealed2:

gt frame bushing kit... easy to find AND frames..
FR96 GT/LTS #19322 frame bushing kit 10-piece blue/white 2.00 1.50/5
FR95 GT/Ruckus #G22226 shock mount alloy silver 2.00 1.50/5

FR08 GT I-Drive 7 3.0 ATB frame 6061 alloy small satin gray 200.00 Special! New!
FR09 GT I-Drive 4 2.0 ATB frame lady's 6061 alloy small silver 150.00 Special! New!
FR13 GT Nomad hybrid frame lady's alloy 17" orange 25.00 22.50/2 Special! New!
FR05 Schwinn SS Sport coaster brake cruiser frame lady's steel 16 1/2" blue/green 20.00 18.00/2 Special! New!
FR89 Schwinn Collegiate comfort frame lady's alloy 15 1/2" teal 25.00 22.50 Special! New!
FR01 GT Power Series Ultra Box 2 BMX carbon frame black NO SEATPOST WEDGE

http://bbbp.net/ordercatalog.php

What about all of the other parts that are required to assemble a GT LTS frame, like the rear shock and upper linkage etc?

Do you have part numbers for those items?

Cannondale was purchased from Pegasus Capital Advisors by Dorel Industries. In April 2009 it was announced that all production would be transferred to Taiwan.
Dorel owns about every bike brand name you see in Wallmart, Wally don't stock good stuff, bikes are in the toys section for heavens sake.

Off topic but the wife and I watched national lampoons Family Vacation again last night, if you have never seen it you will never get why us old guys call Walmart Wally World ;-}

ANyway...
I don't know what year or exact model that GS was but I know every parts was heavy duty aluminum and all the welds were nothing short of expert, I'm sure I have pics of them somewhere as I was impressed myself.

kc being you say your such an expert in Ebikes but yet do not know how batteries are rated and you claim you have a degree so take a guess what your opinion means to me on anything? Have a great day

Back