how to put a motor on this bike

anybody have an idea of how to put a motor on this bike?

paratrooperlg.jpg

This bike LOOKS fully suspended. My bike has a rear suspension, and on hindsight I think the increase in unsprung weight on my "rigid to the axle" mount gives me a rougher ride. But my mount is admittedly very heavy and beefy (I chain pull nearly 300#), so maybe my example is a poor one.

Question: On more conventional bikes than mine, with rear suspensions, do frame mounts ride better than "axle" mounts?

where is the shock in the rear triangle?
the rear folds

http://www.militarybikes.com/paratroopervid.html

maybe a VIDEO of it folding will show some how it works?

Good vid, and thanks for it. Based on a couple of showings, I don't think it is fully suspended, and therefore my question about unsprung weight for this particular app is moot.

But my larger ? is, Is there any significant advantage to frame mounts on fully sprung bikes, due to the decrease in unsprung weight? And if so, are they subordinate to other advantages of an axle mount? I won't list those advantages/disadvantages - I could GUESS, but not knowledgeable.

Tangential to the thread, but I've seen lots of less relevant digressions. (see "Obamacare" on the bike safety thread).

most FS bikes can't fit a motor in the frame and those that can need to use a shiftkit due to chain issues caused by the way the swingarm moves. lot more complex then just using a friction drive. Need more power to climb hills... why it has pedals

Back