I want more power.

Standard methods of improving two-stroke performance include porting the engine properly (cleaning up the ports, grinding out improperly-matched mating surfaces and gasket areas), bigger carburetors, proper carburetor jetting, tuned exhaust systems, etc.

From my years of motorcycling and brief but intense motocross racing fling.... Exhaust is much more important on a two-stroke than most people are aware of.
A proper "expansion chamber" not only pulls the exhausted charge out of the combustion area efficiently, the reverse-pulse pressure wave serves to keep the incoming charge of gas/air in the combustion chamber.
Very difficult to set this up by the seat of your pants; motorcycle racers relied on custom makers who had the proper testing facilities.

pipe making is all math. The formulas are in 2 stroke performance tuning (a. Graham bell)
its all realtive to port angles, TDC and BDC as well as timing and engine displacment. complex math to be a little more exact.... lol (imagine what you gotta go through to make a curvy pipe that works well......)

hm interesting about the tuned pipe , SO i have this build with a cag motor . i cant seem to dial in the carb . one of those walbro knock offs , i used a tuned pipe but had to cut the neck to fit it to the bike so the pedals would go round . lol. now i cant get the carb dialed in just seems to run out of gas when i open it up . could it be the fact the i shortened the pipe between the expansion chamber and the head changing the timing of the return pulse?
http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/?action=view&current=garyfisher007.jpg

Back