I Want To Reach And Maintain 40MPH..I Am So Close!

Well, the high-speed 1.5" roller and the expansion pipe arrived today.

The roller will drop engine rpm to a more reasonable limit. The pipe will compensate for sluggish engine response throughout the range.

Just need to tone down the top end.

I am not so trusting of an article about Interstate speed limits that have quotes like this:
Speed of impact is critical for pedestrians, the most vulnerable road users. A 1995 European Transport Safety Council report found that only five per cent of pedestrians died when struck by a vehicle at 32 km/h; fatalities increased to 85 per cent at 64 km/h.

I don't doubt the stats about fatalities, but what the heck are pedestrians doing on the Interstate? It's been 5 years since that article, are all the walkers on the freeway now gone?

I also wonder what the airbags are doing in cars if the number is up, did the number of deaths go down in the states that didn't raise the limit?

I am not so trusting of an article about Interstate speed limits that have quotes like this:

I don't doubt the stats about fatalities, but what the heck are pedestrians doing on the Interstate? It's been 5 years since that article, are all the walkers on the freeway now gone?

I also wonder what the airbags are doing in cars if the number is up, did the number of deaths go down in the states that didn't raise the limit?

In the city I live,the main highway runs right through the center of it.The speed limit on the highway is 40mph.There are two or three people killed each year here being hit by vechiles.:rolleyes:

Far more likely the steering wheel will kill you if you don't have an airbag and get in a collision.Speed limits save gas,they don't have much to do with safety,road design,congestion and driver behavior are more important.You cannot for instance drive on the autobahns in Germany at 90+ mph,without concentrating& paying close attention to what's going on around you,unless you have a death wish.They are not more dangerous in terms of accident rate than the Interstates here,but the drivers are better.The same is true for the Motorways in the UK.France& Italy are a different story however,a lot of macho nitwits around there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay heres a little example of speed kills.

Brick wall,you on your bike.

You drive your bike head on into a large brick wall (SIDE OF BIG BRICK BUILDING)at say 5 mph.You fly over the handle bars and break your nose as your face hits the wall.

You fix your bike and then drive into the wall at 40mph.you fly over the handle bars,your face hits the wall,you are dead.

What has changed in this example???

You have the same bike,you have the same brick wall,you do exactly the same thing when you hit the wall.

Let me guess SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Rember that Sammy Hagar song

I can't drive 35 !!!
It's that extra 5 that will kill you !!!:rolleyes:

Hey 5-7Heaven, you say that you are always wearing a rain-coat which I assume means it is always raining. From what I understand, rain and friction-drive engines don't go together very well. I think the rain kind of kills the friction a little bit. In a rainy area - you might be better off with a chain-driven engine. I know, it's not the simplest thing, or affordable, to just switch over to a different engine. But it is something to consider.

Back