Kickstand

If you do, and when you get it, ask me about the adjusting of the legs on that stand so that it sits straight up without leaning and at the same time having the rear wheel held in hover position...Its the reason why both legs have individual leg length adjustments on them.
Here is my bike to show you the stand in use.

View attachment 185450

View attachment 185451

View attachment 185452
I am looking for a link to a good center stand. I bought one at the local bike shop and it is too short to lift my bike up. It's useless.

If you had read all the links that I gave you in that PM the other day on just how my bike was built, you should have seen this link that was included in that setup...lol...lol...Just sayin...lol...Reading is fundamental...lol.

I am looking for a link to a good center stand. I bought one at the local bike shop and it is too short to lift my bike up. It's useless.

Post #2 Damien posted a link to the one he recommends. It is a good kickstand with adjustable height

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Post #2 Damien posted a link to the one he recommends. It is a good kickstand with adjustable height
As Gordy just said...I posted that link in post #2 of this thread already...Here it is again.

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Kickstand-Center-Mount-Bicycle/dp/B00LNLXML4/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2?psc=1

Also these links to read as well with the second one telling you how to adjust the legs so it centers the bike while standing.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As Gordy just said...I posted that link in post #2 of this thread already...Here it is again.

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Kickstand-Center-Mount-Bicycle/dp/B00LNLXML4/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2?psc=1

Also these links to read as well with the second one telling you how to adjust the legs so it centers the bike while standing.

Is yours the heavy duty ebike version or the regular?

I have found that the adjustable stands just don't stand up to the extra weight of these bikes.
Did you not just read what I just wrote???...My center stand works, and still does stand up to the extra weight that I have put upon it for 5 years now...80 to 90 pounds worth...There are many different ones on the market but I specifically linked to only one, The one that I know will work...I had those other so called center stands that don't stand up, I found through trial and error which one WILL work over the long haul and is still working 5 years later.

By all means, post your experiences with center stands and make sure to include links of those that DON'T work to back up your experiences with them.

Did you not just read what I just wrote???...My center stand works, and still does stand up to the extra weight that I have put upon it for 5 years now...80 to 90 pounds worth...There are many different ones on the market but I specifically linked to only one, The one that I know will work...I had those other so called center stands that don't stand up, I found through trial and error which one WILL work over the long haul and is still working 5 years later.

By all means, post your experiences with center stands and make sure to include links of those that DON'T work to back up your experiences with them.
Yeah, that's great and all, but does it work?

😆

To add to this, I got the ebike version of this for my bike. Just a bit heftier/thicker, but the design is basically the same. If the standard works, no real point in getting the heavy duty one.

I will say this, that ebike one holds my bike plus all 260lbs of me up in the air. That was my durability test 😉

Here's my kick stand.

1000002197.jpg
1000002178.jpg

Here is my stand, I made it and it works good enough. I will probably order the stand Damien recommend me in this thread a while back

Attachments

• 20230702_202337.jpg
    20230702_202337.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 56
Back