Kill Switch

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Connor, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Connor

Connor Guest

Does anyone know where i can get a good, nice working , solid kill switch?

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

The one that was included with my kit was kindof cheap, and it broke when i dropped my bike. I soldered it back together and it works now. I would check any local hardware store, I actually bought one from OSH and it was about 2 bucks.

3. Connor

Connor Guest

Is it nice/ works well?

4. Tom

Tom Active Member

The one from the hardware store? Yeah, it is more durable than the cheap one in my kit. The installation is a little more difficult though. You have to figure out how to mount it. I just have the cheap one from my kit on my bike right now.

5. Butch

Butch Guest

www.formulaengine.com sells a push button and a toggle kill switch that are durable and work very well.

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

this one didn't cost me anything, i used the parts off the cheapo switch, works every time, should last forever:
    [​IMG]

7. oldguy

oldguy New Member

Got one from the auto store - horn button. good size, strong, and cheap and it works well.

8. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

If you want something small you can use a door bell button sold at just about every hardware store.

9. a/c man

a/c man Member

I made my own and it turned out really well.
    I took an old plastic hand brake lever and removed the handle.
    I took a hack saw and squared up the end of the clamp part.
    Go to radio shack and pick up a package of momentary push button switches.
    I paid $3 for two switches. It comes with the threaded nut on the backside. Drill a hole in the hand brake ( I think mine was about 1/2") Mount the switch in the hole you drilled and run a wire ( I used an old cell phone charger wire) and connect it where the original was connected to. Here's a picture of mine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  10. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Nice job A/C:cool::idea: