Kind Of A Dumb Question

Trigger type lever is an idea. Due to space allocation on my handlebars, that's what I have. It's mounted on the right hand side, and is actually thumb operated. Just like the one on my ATV. My jet ski has the same type, but index finger operated. I’m surprised no one’s mentioned this already. As far as thumb/index finger operation, just mount the lever and rotate it to the position you want. They're less fatigue on you fingers and hand than a twist grip is as well.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to like the bar-mounted throttle lever idea...

LOL A friend once allowed me to ride his restored Indian inline four to the market for ciggies... as I went out to start it, he mentioned, 'It has a left-hand throttle, and don't bother using 1st gear, it's too low.' LOL

I made the trip without events, but I sure had to pay attention!

It wasn't quite the handful an 80cuin UL was, with a long, kicked out front end, sticky throttle, and rocker clutch pedal ! Wahoo!

It's all fun!
rc

Never used a thumb throttle, but the trigger / squeeze throttle like the one shipping with Staton kits is very comfy, responsive, and extremely inexpensive in price. My right hand used to cramp up on long rides when I used the HT twist throttles.

Back