Carby Level carb question

image.jpg
How's the build going man it's looking pretty sweet.
I've been working day and night so not much progress . I moved the engine lower and got it on more of an angle and used the stepped intake. I like the look better but now the front universal mount does not fit. I have it sitting on the original rear spacer mount(that goes on the seat post frame). I need to make something like this that will mount on the front engine mount studs and then have the universal mount attached to wrap frame. I'll have to post some pics for you to understand. I could easily just mount it up high like I had it but not crazy about look and in both cases the exhaust does not fit. This will be another custom project.
image.jpg

Sorry about the crazy pics. Top is up high only using universal mounts. Bottom is lowered but will have to make a custom mount to work. As mentioned the pipe will not directly mount to either position.

View attachment 71137
I've been working day and night so not much progress . I moved the engine lower and got it on more of an angle and used the stepped intake. I like the look better but now the front universal mount does not fit. I have it sitting on the original rear spacer mount(that goes on the seat post frame). I need to make something like this that will mount on the front engine mount studs and then have the universal mount attached to wrap frame. I'll have to post some pics for you to understand. I could easily just mount it up high like I had it but not crazy about look and in both cases the exhaust does not fit. This will be another custom project. View attachment 71136
Sorry about the crazy pics. Top is up high only using universal mounts. Bottom is lowered but will have to make a custom mount to work. As mentioned the pipe will not directly mount to either position.

Yeah I had issues with my exhaust mounting at the angle my motor sits because I used a frame with a bit less space on it.
Ended up getting a plumber mate of mine to bend some copper pipe custom and I made my own exhaust out of copper that he welded up for me.
As for the angle of the air intake you can Squeeze a few degrees of levelling it out by filing one side back and then sanding it flat on a piece of glass. That's how I got my carb to sit level enough.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpg
Well, sometimes you just overthink some things. All this time trying to get carb level, adjust intakes, new universal mounts, modding those to fit, then exhaust won't clear, then engine sits too high, then chain won't clear mounts etc...
One of the local enthusiasts said, smash that damn filter down and make fit.
Well here it is. Took all but 30 secs.
Still having exhaust issues and wondering if different pipe would work. I just really like the look.
Sorry for all the confusion but thanks anyways. Guess it's how we/I learn.

Mike

You can get an offset air intake and the carb will sit just under the seat and to the side. This will allow for a bigger air filter. I just ordered a k&n
image.jpeg
image.png

T
I inquired in thus thread about those. Do they also step it up to level it as well as off to side? Chang tell in pics.,

Mike
he angle of the dangle is about as flat as the standard intake, that being said manufacturing tolerances etc. it may be a bit better as min was slightly. I had to file away at the bottom of where it meets the motor and once I got the angle about right I sanded it flat on a glass table and just kept checking till I got it within about 3-5 degrees off level

Back