Lost a lot of power

not enough fuel flow, too much choke, no oil mixed in fuel, many possiblities

Hey Crassius, i live in Melbourne, Australia and Im having trouble with my motorised bike it was going good today but as i start it , It goes then after 5 mins of riding it just suddently stop do you know what the problem is bro?

It's highly unlikely that part throttle detonation would ever be able to put a hole in the piston or even damage an engine making less than 2 horsepower at the rpm these things run at.

Because of their low power, they have effectively 2 throttle positions: idle and wide open.
So long as the engine is correctly jetted for wide open throttle, every other throttle position will work itself out, because you just don't spend any meaningful time there.

The rattle in the mid range is most likely piston slap.

I agree.

also could just be that nasty point where intake length just doesnt suit piston ported engine timing...

but i BET that the throttle in question is still being held WOT at that point...and well, a carb does NOT adjust fuel flow due to engine RPM...it ONLY affects fuel AND air flow due to a GIVEN THROTTLE SETTING. ie...you can do a plug chop at WOT...even if the engine is loaded down so much its only doing 2500rpm.... WOT is just that...WOT. (wide open throttle for those that arent familiar with some basic acronyms.)

it has nothing to do with RPM. resonance DOES.

nuts and bolts...START YOUR OWN THREAD! thread hi-jacking is a criminal act! or should be :giggle:

Back