make your own torque pipe

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Wags, that is perfect.
I have the old design of torque pipe which is good but I think my new version is even better.
If anyone wants to make one but have it shorter then you can shorten the belly but that will raise the top RPM some and shorten the powerband a bit.
I might try the shorter version on my other bike. My compression is a little on the high side but I've replaced every bearing with C3's and the wrist pin is a malossi. Compression is 143

Be interested on peoples thoughts on this pipe...
Header ID is 23.5mm. It has a replaceable drilled bolt at the end of the expansion chamber to bleed back pressure. No internal baffle cone.

puch-side-bleed-estoril-2.jpg

I might try the shorter version on my other bike. My compression is a little on the high side but I've replaced every bearing with C3's and the wrist pin is a malossi. Compression is 143
SKF 202rs C3 to be exact.

I'm happy. I'm also over the length being what I thought was too long. I'm not willing to lose any of the horsepower I just got. I raced a buddy with a 150cc dongfang moped today and beat him so bad he didn't even stop to talk after. You should have seen how upset he was that he got beat by a mountain bike. My low and my mid blew him out of the water. if we would have kept going his top-end probably would have took me but we had predetermined a point A and a point B.
That has to be good feeling!! I wonder how the next conversation with your buddy will play out!! Lol

Back