make your own torque pipe

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
Yeah it's a Puch. Does that not seem very close to what Jaguars design looks like...? Welded a thousand times better than I could ever manage for a reasonable price too..!
Not really the puch is a 2 stage higher volume chamber much bigger header dia and meant to be used on engines that the power band starts at 8000 and the engine revs out to 12,000!It can be used on a bicycle engine if it's built up to run at high rpm's but be aware the scooters (mopeds) that use that pipe also use a variator to insure that the power band is reached so if your using lower gearing it may never actually get on pipe!

Not really the puch is a 2 stage higher volume chamber much bigger header dia and meant to be used on engines that the power band starts at 8000 and the engine revs out to 12,000!It can be used on a bicycle engine if it's built up to run at high rpm's but be aware the scooters (mopeds) that use that pipe also use a variator to insure that the power band is reached so if your using lower gearing it may never actually get on pipe!
Ok thx!

It only has a 23.5mm header ID though..?? Couldn't the length of the header be tuned for a highly modded Chinesium Wolla Wolla Ding Dong..? It looks as though the chamber doesn't have all that much volume either. Especially not compared to say a CR or RM80 expansion which, from what I can tell, people seem to have a lot of success with...

Cheers
Crisco

It only has a 23.5mm header ID though..?? Couldn't the length of the header be tuned for a highly modded Chinesium Wolla Wolla Ding Dong..? It looks as though the chamber doesn't have all that much volume either. Especially not compared to say a CR or RM80 expansion which, from what I can tell, people seem to have a lot of success with...

Cheers
Crisco
It's quite possible that you could get it tunned and work well on a modded china girl with trial and error and custom fitting but then you would probably end up with a very short header length to match the rpm range of the engine!

It's quite possible that you could get it tunned and work well on a modded china girl with trial and error and custom fitting but then you would probably end up with a very short header length to match the rpm range of the engine!
Shorter header? Are you sure? The shorter the header the higher the rpm range for the engine I thought? Aren't our motors best at lower rpms than something like a quality puch would be seeing, especially when tuned up for high speeds?

Shorter header? Are you sure? The shorter the header the higher the rpm range for the engine I thought? Aren't our motors best at lower rpms than something like a quality puch would be seeing, especially when tuned up for high speeds?
Yes shorter because you dont want it hitting at 8000 like it's desinged to it would probably be best at 5500-6000 and hopfully pull through to 8000 or more but yea you have to concider the wave speed and distance travelled at lower rpm and less heat for a big chamber!

I'm happy. I'm also over the length being what I thought was too long. I'm not willing to lose any of the horsepower I just got. I raced a buddy with a 150cc dongfang moped today and beat him so bad he didn't even stop to talk after. You should have seen how upset he was that he got beat by a mountain bike. My low and my mid blew him out of the water. if we would have kept going his top-end probably would have took me but we had predetermined a point A and a point B.

Better late than never.

To Wags:

IMG_0319.JPG
Thank you. Many hours

JagPipe complete! First runs were good! All stock with the quieter center stinger baffle. All the noise comes from the back.

I took a few liberties with the design so that I could kick it inside the crank and outside the 2.25" tire. Just a tad over 35" with 16.5" of pipe from the header to the first cone.

Low end seems to be much stronger but I need to do some long rides in traffic.

Thanks to Jaguar for making this info available. I hate those stock mufflers! Wags, Frank and others gave me great advice. Couldn't have done this without you all!

Thank you, MB Riders!

Timbone

Back