Modern Boardtracker - 1st Build

Hello all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while, finally got inspired by all of the great work on this site to attempt my first build. The plan was to build my modern interpretation of a boardtracker, almost as if what I thought the guys would be building if they were still racing them today. I still have a lot of work to do before its under power but have been rolling around on it in the shop, can't wait for the motor noises to be "real" haha!! Well anyways here it is, hope you enjoy... Some specs: custom frame & tank, raw 80 cc, king top hat adapter & 34t sprocket...... Need to fab mount for rear disc caliper & install petcock in tank after that I'll be pretty close to assembling for a test run. I plan to ride it as is for a while & trouble shoot before I paint in a retro theme.

Attachments

• Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29,037
  • Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12,796
  • Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5,612
  • Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,630
  • Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,752
  • Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,942
Finally Finished!!!!

Here she is just in time for the Louisiana Bicycle Festival this weekend. Hope you like. More pics to come from the Bike Fest. Special thanks to my awesome wife for designing the tank graphics...

Attachments

• Modern Boardtracker - Complete 001.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker - Complete 001.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5,492
  • Modern Boardtracker - Complete 002.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker - Complete 002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3,869
Finally Finished!!!!

Here she is just in time for the Louisiana Bicycle Festival this weekend. Hope you like. More pics to come from the Bike Fest. Special thanks to my awesome wife for designing the tank graphics...

She's really beautiful Spitball but what happened to those Girvin forks and the Franco Morini motor?

Simply amazing up there with the best motored bike i have seen...

I would definitely like to see a watercooled pocket bike 47cc engine 10HP would make her FLYYY and one small thing that i think you should consider, run that rear brake cable through the top tube if possible? or at least lose the insulation tape and go with a clear/white cable tie... beautiful finish congrats mate superb work...if there will be a second build im there for that if this is what you can do on your first attempt LoL

KiM

p.s would LOVE to see a few video clips of her in action to if at all possible?...look forward to more pics anywayz..

Last edited:
Spitball
That bike is a absolute work of art !!!!!!
One great build....
Thanks for sharing it with us !!!!!

Love it! The tank graphics are perfect for this bike. We should meet up at Abita this weekend. Can't wait to see it in person.

Irish - Girvin (actually noleen) forks still there

Jester - Please send some suggested motors to look at (motor thing new to me) who knows for the next one. also tried to go through the top tube with cable, tank filler got in the way where it goes through top tube.

Hotrod - Definately stop by tomorrow in Abita, we'll be there in force. Should have a bunch o' bikes there, gonna head down there with a trailer full with a few buddies.

Thanks to all for the kind words, this was a lot of fun..

spitball out....

Back