Modern Boardtracker - 1st Build

Hello all,

Been lurking in the shadows for a while, finally got inspired by all of the great work on this site to attempt my first build. The plan was to build my modern interpretation of a boardtracker, almost as if what I thought the guys would be building if they were still racing them today. I still have a lot of work to do before its under power but have been rolling around on it in the shop, can't wait for the motor noises to be "real" haha!! Well anyways here it is, hope you enjoy... Some specs: custom frame & tank, raw 80 cc, king top hat adapter & 34t sprocket...... Need to fab mount for rear disc caliper & install petcock in tank after that I'll be pretty close to assembling for a test run. I plan to ride it as is for a while & trouble shoot before I paint in a retro theme.

Attachments

• Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 002.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29,037
  • Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 007.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12,796
  • Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 012.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5,612
  • Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 017.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3,630
  • Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 005.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 3,752
  • Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    Modern Boardtracker 020.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 3,942
Wow, really cool bike.
I'm new here and have seen some really great work on this forum.
I was wondering what sort of bender you are using to shape the tubing?
Also, did you make a gig to weld it up? Do you have any pictures of the gig?
I'm finishing up a Lotus 7 build this summer and want to start a bike after that.
Wayne

AJ,

Sorry, but it's been slow going over here in LA! Been busy at the job, I am hoping to get some time next weekend to work on the project. I'll post some pics as soon as she's rolling.

By the way, love the trike! Looks like a ton of fun!!

Well thatz just not bloody good enough SIR we want updates god damzit !!!11oneoneone
hehehe :p Just messin' with ya buddy, all good i was just keen to see how things were progressing its such a fantastic build ... have you made a definite decision which way your going with a motor ?

look forward to seeing some progess anywayz spitball, i hope all is well :)

KiM

Hi again.
You seem to have sent me a private message which I can't open because of a pop up blocker, I guess. I'm interested in what you had to say so maybe you could reply again to my email???
elewayne@gmail.com
thanks.

I originally started my account here so I can comment on how awsome this bike is! Cant wait to see it finished.

That is one great design. It is modern yet decidedly classic in styling. I reminds me of the Steampunk movement - I love it!

Forget all those engines that thing needs the Timeless engine. LOL. Or at least a Whizzer. That is some good looking fabrication. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

• Timeless-3.JPG
    Timeless-3.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 635
UPDATE! Guys, finally got her rolling yesterday - Love It!!!!!!! Assembled everything without final paint, wanted to "ride" out the bugs before I painted. Ran great except one little oversight, I forgot to put locktite on the secrews (oops) that held the disc rotor & kings top hat sprocket adaptor on. No problems I caught it before anything fell off of got damaged just need to go over everything one more time before I put some real mileage on her. I hope to have some time this weekend to tune her up (tighten everything ). I will post some pics soon. Thanks for all the support in my first build, already thinking of the next one!

Back