My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries bro!

It was a pleasure to see you off my friend, I'm glad to see you made it to the town I lived in from birth 'till 1979! Now you've seen both places I grew up!
Anyway, hope you are faring well and keep the updates rollin' in for us. I'm with you in spirit. As we discussed the other night- I've hung up my long distance threads for awhile, I made the choice to settle down and start a family. For now, but when the time comes, You better bet I still got a good many thousands of miles in me, for that one last big one, and I'm sure my beautiful bride will be there by my side! Sorry for jackin the thread; back to you and your freedom in the great wide open...!!!

hi guys, thanks for the replies...
i have 110 miles in today, that includes a 20mi wrong turn doh!...no good tent prospects as of 8pm...fall city wa...grabbing some chow and moving on...will post more when i land somewhere...starting to rain (again!)...man i am whooped rt-18 was ALL uphill, thank goodness i'm packing an 11T never woulda made it without.

EDIT: so i'm getting mopey about the day, chugging coffee and staring at the ramp to rt-203..."do i have enuff lights left to run to Redmond" i'm wondering...then, "nice ******* bike, man" she says...beer, pizza, laundry, shower, and now i'm bunked in a clean dry garage next to her beauty pink & creme 'glide...another new friend to the rescue in the nick of time...pics & more later this morning :cool:

Last edited:
thank you! what a great morning here...surely it'll get wet later but who cares?

Maren was quick to correct me...the HD is a '91 "springer"...she is also a bicycling enthusiast who sees the benefits of "assist"...

a quick pic, then coffee and tobacco until i'm ready to ride...the goal is make it to rt-9 and then the rest of the ride to Bellingham will be cakewalk.

more later.

Attachments

• 1991_Springer.jpg
    1991_Springer.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 382
Awesome journey you have going on there augidog. :cool:

I hope everything goes well for you and the bike!

So you are indeed making your way up to alaska? If so, will you be riding through B.C. ? Any planned route/stops (going along the coast or inland?) or are you just planning the route as you go? If you by any chance take "highway 5" up north through B.C. (heads from Kamloops towards Prince George, much more scenic and less traffic then taking "highway 97" ) then you simply must stop in "Clearwater" and have a few brewskis with me (my treat) :D I would hop on my MB and take you on a tour of "Wells Grey Park" (our "back yard"...), and I'm sure we would find you a place for the night too.

PM me if you do decide to go this way.

All this good will is making me green with envy. :D

May it continue and flourish. Cheers!

i am sure that rt-9 north of Arlington is a kick-butt ride...if it wasn't completely POURING.

oh well. like i said before...if i get thru this i can make it thru anything.

65 miles today...looks like i have at least 20 more before i find some digs.

all better...my veterans' card & birth-certificate was good for a couple beers & some great conversation...i told ya i'd be ok :cool:

pics

Attachments

• Photo05211937.jpg
    Photo05211937.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 352
  • Photo05212010.jpg
    Photo05212010.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 354
Augi, I don't know ya, but yer a man's, man...I'm Patrick. If ya make it to SW Florida, PM, and an old waiste-gunner will buy ya dinner and a black & tan! Keep on Truckin', Buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back