Need help with upgrades?

I could swear davee originally said the "cylinder" was put on backwards, when I went back to read it again just now, I read that it was the "head" was put on backwards which of course is zero problem.

Notice my reply when answering about backwards installation, I used the word "jug" in the reply, not head, I would only have used that word jug if I saw the word jug or cylinder...NOT head...If you have noticed in my writings, I always refer to one piece as either cylinder/jugs or jug/cylinders when there is no separate head involved in the construction.

Ps...I must be getting more "chronologically gifted" than I care to acknowledge...lol.
No i said head my cylinder was bent at the bottom corner having all kinds of problems that's why I was getting g frustrated

More specifically, just upgrade the hardware to grade 10.9 metric if you can.

I always recommend, at a minimum, to flush out the crank case with mineral spirits. Some folks used premix gas, but I prefer safer alternatives.

Pre-lube the bearings with a couple/few drops of 2 stroke oil. A small medicine dropper or syringe works good for this.

Make sure all the mating surfaces are level/flat.

Clean the cylinder jug thoroughly too and check for sharp edges at the ports and do a tiny bit of beveling. Check for casting flash stuck in the transfers as well.

Personally, I always tear down my engines, clean everything up, remove the outer seals from the crank bearings so the crank seals get oil to them, clean the snot out of everything, use my home brew mix of Vaseline and 2 stroke oil assembly lube on the bearings, and oil up the cylinder and rings during assembly. I also replace the metal shield bearings on the clutch side with rubber sealed versions as they are a bit better at keeping grit out. I also put a smear of anti-sieze on the bevel gear where it meets the crankshaft and the sprocket where.it meets the clutch shaft just as a precautionary measure.

That's me though. It's a bit of work, but my engines also tend to last a while.
Did everything but flush out crankcase but tried to vacuum and blow it everything out and thanks

A BIT of work???...lol...I got all worn out just reading about all that work you did...You sir, are a master of understatement...lol.

By the way, work fascinates me, I could watch it being performed for hours...lol...lol.
I switched the head around and thanks again for doing your best to help me out appreciate

Back