New BMP Combo Drive and Jackshaft Kit

You all are evolving idea`s so rapidly. Now you can think about making John`s new system into a shifter.

Put a freewheel and a lower tooth count on the pedals, with the crank sprocket moved out away from the frame to align with the small sprocket on the rear wheel cassette.

Then re-position the rear dearailer 90* to shift the chain for BMP jackshaft. Have been thinking of this for awhile, BMP Kit just makes it easier. It should not be very difficult.

Someone will do it before long. I have a 5 speed rear cassette that has a 38 tooth large cog.

Ron

ps John, i have always been impressed with your great videos on line years ago and sharing all your info very freely. Your shipping has been surprisingly fast! Nice solid products. Congrats on the Jackshaft kit!

Attachments

• 100_1530.jpg
    100_1530.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,148
Last edited:
You all are evolving idea`s so rapidly. Now you can think about making John`s new system into a shifter.

Put a freewheel and a lower tooth count on the pedals, with the crank sprocket moved out away from the frame to align with the small sprocket on the rear wheel cassette.

Then re-position the rear dearailer 90* to shift the chain for BMP jackshaft. Have been thinking of this for awhile, BMP Kit just makes it easier. It should not be very difficult.

Someone will do it before long. I have a 5 speed rear cassette that has a 38 tooth large cog.

Ron

ps John, i have always been impressed with your great videos on line years ago and sharing all your info very freely. Your shipping has been surprisingly fast! Nice solid products. Congrats on the Jackshaft kit!

Hi Ron,

That's what i love about this forum.....people like yourself have some really great ideas. Sounds like your plan has lot's of potential. Truth is that this industry has become very competitive, making it difficult for the seller but great for the buyer. If cost was not a factor in producing this on a large scale I'd start working on this tomorrow, but it is. Like you said, someone will probably do this sooner or later.

Thank you for your kind comments,

James

Hi James, congrats on the new system. Ingeniously simple as always. V/R pulley plus idler on this with the R/S 35 would be IT!

Back