New build, Felt Cortez, NuVinci hub, Need HELP!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tom-fishing, Feb 14, 2012.

1. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

After reading everything and looking at all the great bikes on here I just have to get my hands dirty. This will be my first build in 45 years,that one had a David-Bradley tractor clutch with a belt drive. That thing would fly hooked to a 1-1/2 B&S engine. The only problem was stopping it, so this time I thought it would be a good place to start.
    I have a NuVinci hub so I'm disc ready there. Has anyone else done this? If so what caliper mount bracket did you use? Have to admit I know nothing about disc brakes. Any help will be welcome.:bowdown::bowdown:

Attached Files:

2. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

Welcome to the club, man!

Your bike is single-speed w/coaster brake and narrow rear dropout.

Before we go any further, how wide is the NV hub? Did you try fitting it into the frame?

3. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

Thanks 5-7, Ahh the learning curve! Actually had found out that the hub doesn't fit in my frame just before reading your reply. My view is that nothing is damaged and I still have a beautiful bike and hub. Guess I'll be riding my 2 stroke for awhile longer. Delayed but not stopped.

Now where did I see those frames in the junk? got some measuring to do.:grin5:

4. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

Thought I'd do a update on this build. I've ordered a EZ Qmatic kit, 26" springer, Sturmey-Archer 90mm drum brake, some nice heavy fenders, and a Pirate hub adapter. I'll post some more after the parts get here with photos. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

5. tom-fishing

tom-fishing Member

Update with photos.

Well finally got around to posting some updated photos of my build. I've ordered a set of Alex DM32 rims to lace up the brake drum for the front. Will post more photos after the fenders and new wheels are installed.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files: