New Build For The Wife

Overall, I'm pleased with the build and think the wife's going to love the full suspension. I hope next year I'm still pleased with my choice of engine. I did buy a two year in store replacement warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 419
An interesting side note to the Harbor Freight engine story. I ordered a clutch and some other "spare parts" and thought that experience might be valuable to anyone considering a similar project.

1. HF says to expect a 6-8 week lead time on parts.

Comment: Accurate estimation.

2. What I wanted was a clutch and a spare, what I received was 4 complete clutches. Total cost $9.

Comment: I'm fine with that result.

3. I ordered a spare pull starter, what I received looks to have been taken off a previously used motor but is in perfect condition. Cost $2.91.

4. I ordered 2 carburetor gaskets, what I received was a used carburetor/intake manifold assembly complete with air cleaner and fuel lines. Cost $2.00.

Comment. The order accuracy stinks but I'm still fine with the result.

From what I know so far (remember I haven't had any ride time to speak of) I would do it again. Since this project presented itself during the cooler months, wait times didn't hurt too much. If I had been waiting this long during the summer, well, kerf wouldn't be so forgiving.

How's this engine holding up
so far Kerf?
I believe it is the same chinese
made engine that you can get at
Monster scooter.
I just bought one and am wondering
what kind of service I might be able
to expect out of it.

I admit I did not read every single reply to this thread, but in case no one mentioned about the brake shoe/tire clearance, I will. I have the same configuration as in the photos you posted. Simple solution, at least it works for me, simply deflate the tire to remove/replace.
Also, check out the link below to see a thread I just posted about a carburetor
Issue/problem with those engines.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=28087

greyhound engine HF clutch #'s

An interesting side note to the Harbor Freight engine story. I ordered a clutch and some other "spare parts" and thought that experience might be valuable to anyone considering a similar project.

1. HF says to expect a 6-8 week lead time on parts.

Comment: Accurate estimation.

2. What I wanted was a clutch and a spare, what I received was 4 complete clutches. Total cost $9.

3. I ordered a spare pull starter, what I received looks to have been taken off a previously used motor but is in perfect condition. Cost $2.91.

4. I ordered 2 carburetor gaskets, what I received was a used carburetor/intake manifold assembly complete with air cleaner and fuel lines. Cost $2.00.

Comment. The order accuracy stinks but I'm still fine with the result.

From what I know so far (remember I haven't had any ride time to speak of) I would do it again. Since this project presented itself during the cooler months, wait times didn't hurt too much. If I had been waiting this long during the summer, well, kerf wouldn't be so forgiving.

where can I get the numbers (parts) for a clutch for this engine ? I've looked at harbor freight's website & can find no mention of a clutch or parts ??
I've got a 20% coupon & want to use it
thanks// mikeybikey

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts Diagram for Harbor Freight enigne

Click on the link below:

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-hp-gasoline-auger-drill-67414.html

It should take you to Harbor Freight’s site, and page for their auger. Look right below the photo of the auger and you’ll see several tabs. Click on the one that says Product manual. Every thin you need to know should be there. I have this engine and have order parts. I got only the parts I ordered. Nothing more, nothing less. Shipping was right on the money. The parts came directly from China. Not a warehouse here n the U.S. I just noticed they have that auger on sale for $159.99. With a 20% off coupon that knocks it down to $127.99. A good deal for someone that’s looking for descent inexpensive engine. I hate swapping the engine between my bicycle and the auger. Bike portion is quick and easy, but the auger is a different story. I might just go buy another auger this week so I can have 2 dedicated engines. I just remounted my Honda GX35 on my bike 2 weeks ago, and it’s the pits as far as power and speed compared to this Harbor Freight 2 stroke 50cc engine. And for anybody that has one of these engines or is thinking of purchasing one, I highly recommend going ahead and ordering one or two extra pull start assemblies. In my personal experience, I’ve found this to be the weak link. And…..if I ordered a pull start, I’d go ahead and order at least one clutch just to have on hand. My clutch is holding up great, but for the low price and the lengthy shipping, I’d go ahead and order a couple. Who wants a starter rope or clucth to go bad and then have to wait 6 or 8 weeks for another one to get there ?

Last edited:
HF #s

thanks
tthe engine your talking about (2 stroke) comes with the clutch.
I'm asking about the 4 stroke engine $94.99 . it comes without a clutch
I'll check out the website again.

Sorry ! I hope my comments might have helped someone though ! But you should be able to find manuals and parts diagrams for Harbor Freight's products on their web site !

Back