New invention

Well, I had a great-great uncle who wasted half his life trying to get his perpetual motion machine to work. He went to his grave insisting that it 'just needed a little more work to get it right.' No one else needs to go through that. :(

There are areas where experimentation and tweaking and inventiveness can work. But, if you have someone who can point out where some of the problems are before you bang you head against the wall, it can save some time (and help with a sore noggin!)

One of the issues with generators is that, in order to keep efficiencies up, you HAVE to keep the air gap between the magnets and the laminated iron core in the coils very small - a few mm should be your goal... I don't know if this is practical with wheel-mounted magnets.

I've taken my share of lumps, so to speak, LOL!

Wouldn't it be funny to pass from this planet and get the answers to everything you've ever wondered, only to see that you were only that far away??? Makes one wonder???

What I do know and solomnly swear, is that I seen a craft flying that completely went against everything I've ever been taught! We are overlooking something here on our planet Earth! There's a better way all together! I promise! We need to keep at it!

I'm not sure I fully understood just what graucho was saying about his wheel. But I think maybe I know what I need to know.
(And this is with all due respect to graucho, who is perfectly deserving)

It sounds to me as though he has indeed reduced axle friction a great deal. If we were to imagine his wheel sent to some very well isolated spot (such as inter-galactic space) it might spin virtually forever. Not quite forever, though, because every now and then it'll be smacked by, say, a hydrogen atom. This will have an effect on the spin.
Still, it is reasonable to guess that the spin will not be measurably affected for, perhaps, as long as the Universe exists.

But just try to extract any (any!) useful energy out of it and the spin will be depleted quickly. For instance, you might use it to turn a generator and charge a battery. When it's done you will have on your hands a charged battery and a non-spinning wheel. It really does have to be this way. If you want to use your wheel to charge another battery, then you first must supply some energy to get that wheel spinning again. Maybe use a happy time engine for this. But don't forget to bring fuel.

You really can have a wheel (in theory) spin as close to forever as you need it to do so.
But you can't use it for anything without losing that spin.

Nature reallly does balance her books with every transaction. What's more, she tacks a surcharge onto the customer.

If she didn't, then magic actually would be possible.

could it be any more clear and concise? this was halfway through this thread and no one responded? wha?

the magnets need to be stronger

so in my small experiment I find that the stronger the magnets the more current you get through the coils and yes the wheel hub is the place for the magnets the gap is1/4 in. but you must use shielding on the back side(spokes)
as not to magnetize the wheel I will be using a ten pound pull rare earth magnet
and 600 turn coils covered with plastic dip and attached with plastic retainers. to keep from contacting the frame combined with what I can bleed off of my magneto I should make 12volt dc right now I am waiting for money for parts and supplies. Mr Kim:whistle:

Back