Nitrous NOS

Yea but see that's usually on a dry kit, and the cars that blow up from a 50 shot are usually beat to **** already.

Like i ran my Venom VCN2000 on my dodge stealth dohc @ 125hp shot. For like a year every week going to the track.

It ran great, but it had a computer controlling the fuel injectors to add more fuel by reading of the o2 sensor and rpm.

Very nice. Did you do a before and after dyno? I always liked those RT stealths. Im starting to wonder if the piston pushthru that Ive heard of (seen pics) is related to a lean running engine. The pistons didnt look melted but rather just got pushed down in the middle until failure.

Im curious which engines hold up to that much of a combustion pressure increase. Like I alluded to a diesel can take up to a 250 hp shot on a stock bottom end. Depending on the diesel you may or may not have to do top end work but with the turbocharging at 50 plus psi (up to 120) the pressure in the combustion chamber can be pretty insane.

I had a stealth rt twin turbo, and 2 stealth es's i ran nitrous on the automatic es, before dyno was 168fwhp,144tq the after dyno was 284fwhp. 265tq.

my 5spd stealth es dyno'd 172fwhp stock, after h/e/i/adjustable fpr it put down 201fwhp after my tune with apexi neo. I ran a wet 50 shot on it as well and it put down 232fwhp.

the stealth rt twin turbo had 13g turbo's@ 15psi
it put down 370awhp

I've had many cars, including 2 porsche 944's one was an 84, one was an 88 s turbo
as well as a 91 300zx,many different eclipses and talons. Dodge shadow turbo's

i've run nitrous on every car i've owned except the very last one because it had rod knock when i bought it.

I bought a nitrous kit from boost bottles inc and ran it on my 110cc pocket bike (x18) and my ninja 250, as well as many other 47,49,52cc pocket bikes.

Then I decided to get a piece of rubber and put it at the bottom. because the nitrous charges for whipcream crackers and whippits are a lil smaller but definitely cheaper.

Anyone know if there would be any difference/benefit from using nitromethane instead? The advantage is it's a liquid and you don't need a bunch of little canisters. Plus you could pre mix the extra fuel into it.

Anyone know if there would be any difference/benefit from using nitromethane instead? The advantage is it's a liquid and you don't need a bunch of little canisters. Plus you could pre mix the extra fuel into it.
nitromethane is VERY explosive. Might blow the head right off the motor if you're not careful. Top fuel funny cars & dragsters are started on gasoline, and then nitro is introduced after they are running.
Nitromethane almost becomes a solid once it's in the cylinder, and you need a TON of spark to ignite it.
That's why funny cars run 2 distributors, and 2 plugs per cylinder. the voltage per cylinder of a top fuel motor is the same as having an arc welder in each cylinder to ignite the nitro.
Also, nitro burns so hot that it will complete burn away the electrode on the end of the spark plug in a very short time. (this is if you are thinking of running nitro like they run in real funny cars and dragsters)
If you're talking about running r.c. car nitro, that's about 20%, but it's more like diesel fuel. Not sure if that stuff would even have any effect.

a real nitrous system...

pistons make for bad fuel and burn easily!

a real nitrous system.
parts needed, small jets, pete n2o tank , n2o and propane solenoids, NOS blue thingamagig/reg, nos jet T, propane bottle, regulator and hose...

the blue nos thingamajig drops the pressure to 50psi and the jets control the emount of nitrous and fuel. the extra fuel comes from a 1lbs propane tank, propane solenoid and hand regulator.

bay.jpg

94 chevy caprice lt1 dual stage nitrous express!

Last edited:
pistons make for bad fuel and burn easily!

a real nitrous system.
parts needed, small jets, pete n2o tank , n2o and propane solenoids, NOS blue thingamagig/reg, nos jet T, propane bottle, regulator and hose...

the blue nos thingamajig drops the pressure to 50psi and the jets control the emount of nitrous and fuel. the extra fuel comes from a 1lbs propane tank, propane solenoid and hand regulator.

bay.jpg

94 chevy caprice lt1 dual stage nitrous express!

you dont have to run the propane. a dry fogger kit is typically just nitrous, with bigger carb jets to compensate.

you can say that the lil small nitrous kits are nitrous all you want. but either way IT IS NITROUS IT WILL INCREASE POWER AND RUN YOUR ENGINE HARDER AND MAKE IT REV QUICKER.

They arent talking about putting motorcycle or car nitrous kits on here. they're talking about whipits. and unless you've done it yourself (like i have) please dont deter peoples thoughts.

venom nitrous in my dodge stealth $1300 nitrous kit
l_3c95200ab9f0459430e5bbc54a44e6f7.jpg

note the intake and the nozzle installed
l_6f40fc801f4f5ab63fa228c35e2d3cb9.jpg

tuning system venom VCN2000, i was tuning it with the computer and hadnt hid the wires yet.
l_cbe75fd7cd45d92d99115f64614a3259.jpg

Monitoring
l_374d3eae7e37405f5660bc913ab34d41.jpg

my first 2 stealths
l_6f31b5d56393fb9c851a988005eb349b.jpg

l_dbe31fc4ab5b0c730a2cc3d450a537e0.jpg

l_d7ec2131ac5f5e19d0078298e9cd3dc5.jpg

l_27689ad1b07549a556d889605c5b98fe.jpg

I sprayed one, and the other got a twin turbo conversion and then a single turbo conversion. then i sold it after parting it out.
And Then I bought a stealth awd twin turbo

Last edited:
Back