no bike for me

too strange.... i already had a bike and found a weed trimmer for 8 bucks at a deseret industries. (salvation army if you live anywhere but utah) just starting but there it is. good luck with going motored.

Got me a little job

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to tell you about something that happened today. One of our next door neighbors just lost the person that she had to work on her yard and after talking to her I got the job. That way I can get paid under the table and make a few extra bucks. It's not much so it's nothing to jump up and down about but it is a way to "slowly" save up to get me a mb. It's amazing how things happen. Just when it seems that things aren't going to happen the way you want them to, something comes up that helps you along.

I am so happy about this. And the great news is this is MY money! I can do with it what I please and I can tell you all what I'm going to do with it.... GET A MB! Yesirebob! The job doesn't pay a lot but in a few months I will be able to get me a mb and that's cool with me... I can be patient... I think (lol). And due to the cost, I'm going to get a 2 stroke instead of a 4 stroke for my first engine. Big difference in the cost. About a little over a hundred bucks. So it's Happy Time for me! :).

Thanks to everyone for listening to me about all this. I really appreciate you putting up with me. Thanks for the suggestions and kind thoughts everyone. You have all be so helpful. I'm really excited about this. Now I know that at least in time I will be able to get one... YEA! Happy Time here I come!

-cd-

Everytime a door closes, a window opens up. ;-)

Little by little cd, little by little. :D

You are so right blacktop_sailor... you are so right. Little by little things are going to work out. I still can't believe that it's happening. What a thing to have jump into your lap when you need it the most. Thanks guy!

Way to go CD. You must be so happy. It makes me feel good too.

Yes I am happy! I'm riding on air right about now. It won't come fast but I know that it will come :). I guess you just got to have faith. Glad that someone shares in my happiness... hope a lot of you do. It's good to feel good. I can't wait until I'm a real rider and can show everyone pictures and everything. At least I'm in the running now :cool:

-ce-

I am sure you can find some old stuff in the basement to sell for $$ on eBay. Raise some funds doing that for a cheap chinese motor. On ebay people are buying and selling anything, focus on the selling and then buy Happy time. :).

What a strange thread here

DUDES!!!!!! Your gonna have to rename this forum "Marriage Counseling 101". You guys sure are tiptoeing around the real issue which is actually off topic since this guys problem has nothing to do with MB. He could be talking about a trolling motor, a new putter, or anything else. We all gotta figure out where we left our stones and go get them back or do we all want to Motorbike down to the local theatre together and watch the new Sex and the City movie with the sisters.

First, Crab, Do you know how much money is in your joint bank account.
Second, Do you have money left over at the end of each month.

If you don't know the answers to these questions then you need to find out and take some ownership of the family finances. If you don't have enough, find out where the money is going. AUDIT HER!! That will shock her won't it. :eek:

If you find out that you have enough surplus to buy a MB, then just do it. Your wife may howl and throw rolling pins at you and may cut you off :eek: but deep down she will actually start respecting you. Ladies am I correct? If you don't have enough money then get busy on the slush fund below, which it sounds like you are doing but don't stop when you get your Mb. Always have some seed money available.

Second, ALWAYS have a slush fund that is seperate from the shared checking account. . Deliver Pizza's or like these guys said, start selling junk on ebay. When you run out of junk, start selling your neighbors junk for a 30 pct commision.

When I started in on this, My Garage starting fillng up with old bikes and parts. I just FORGOT to ask her about doing this. When she saw the powered bikes she just shook her head and suggested I see a shrink and get some meds....(under her breath of course.) Last night I showed her my credit card receipt for filling up my fuel bottle and my GEBE tank after I got back from the post office, the Walmart, The Home Depot, The Lowes, The barber shop, and the Kroger to buy her some wine. 86 cents and that was after I had ridden it for a week and spilled a couple of oz's on the ground. Guys we look the Genius's now.

Look on the bright side....the way things are going with motoredbikes by the time your ready to purchase there will be more variety out there with more sophisticated choices,& the choices u have at the moment will be improved versions anyway.

Back