no bike for me

DUDES!!!!!! Your gonna have to rename this forum "Marriage Counseling 101". You guys sure are tiptoeing around the real issue which is actually off topic since this guys problem has nothing to do with MB. He could be talking about a trolling motor, a new putter, or anything else. We all gotta figure out where we left our stones and go get them back or do we all want to Motorbike down to the local theatre together and watch the new Sex and the City movie with the sisters.

First, Crab, Do you know how much money is in your joint bank account.
Second, Do you have money left over at the end of each month.

If you don't know the answers to these questions then you need to find out and take some ownership of the family finances. If you don't have enough, find out where the money is going. AUDIT HER!! That will shock her won't it. :eek:

If you find out that you have enough surplus to buy a MB, then just do it. Your wife may howl and throw rolling pins at you and may cut you off :eek: but deep down she will actually start respecting you. Ladies am I correct? If you don't have enough money then get busy on the slush fund below, which it sounds like you are doing but don't stop when you get your Mb. Always have some seed money available.

Second, ALWAYS have a slush fund that is seperate from the shared checking account. . Deliver Pizza's or like these guys said, start selling junk on ebay. When you run out of junk, start selling your neighbors junk for a 30 pct commision.

When I started in on this, My Garage starting fillng up with old bikes and parts. I just FORGOT to ask her about doing this. When she saw the powered bikes she just shook her head and suggested I see a shrink and get some meds....(under her breath of course.) Last night I showed her my credit card receipt for filling up my fuel bottle and my GEBE tank after I got back from the post office, the Walmart, The Home Depot, The Lowes, The barber shop, and the Kroger to buy her some wine. 86 cents and that was after I had ridden it for a week and spilled a couple of oz's on the ground. Guys we look the Genius's now.

Hi sabrewalt,

Thanks for chiming in. Yea, I know about the money and I know it's tight. That's why the extra job is going to save my butt. That's going to be my on the side money.... my extra money so I can do with it whatever I want.

And I'm not out to paint my wife as the wicked witch of the west either. She's a decent gal who tries to keep the house going and I know that she does her best. She just doesn't like some of my ideas sometimes.... like this one.

I think I will check on the check book though. It's always good to know what's going on. In fact she wants me too so I will know what's what. At least that way I will know where the money is going. I need to run through the bills just so I know how to pay them all just in case... anything bad ever happened.

I have to admit, I like the idea about the slush fund or just having some money on the side. That way when I need or want something I can just get it and not have to worry about having to ask for the money.

Thanks for the comments and the insights. I appreciate it.
-cd-

Back