Noob Needs help with new bike engine!

haha I was like hovering over him trying to get him to use it the way I would.... I am protective of my things too, my bike isn't the best looking bike but I will defo post a pic tomorrow :). Money was a problem so I ordered the kit while on vacation in Florida with my paypal money, then found 2 gold rings metal detecting :D. Sold those for 210$ and bought a 150$ schwinn bike at walmart lol. I love having projects and actually being able to finish them!

Also: Im interested in the 10$ schwinn speedomeeter and maybe that 15$ amazon LED headlight... OR does anyone know if I could charge my cell phone with my bike on that 6v white wire? because I could just use navigation and check my speed and all plus GPS :p

The kit supplied throttle is dismal, at best. Don't blame your test rider, at least he had the ' cubes ' to run W O T . My advice on throttle
replacement is the Domino unit [ Pirate Cycles ] Use a 10 speed * Shift * cable, the ' pill ' end goes to carb, the other end is custom cut, and retained by the supplied retainer. The Domino is velvet smooth, a little pricey, and requires adding an ATV kill button for a first class setup . Most dirt bike carbs have lots of slide travel, due to their long length, a throttle tube intended for a ' long ' carb will go from closed to W O T in aprox. 1/8 turn [ no good ] A pitbike throttle works well, providing it's a quality unit, not one made of model airplane plastic. BIKEBERRY has a very nice " Accelerator Grip Retainer " it uses a smaller thread cable [ as compared with the Grubee throttle ] and could benefit from sanding and painting
Bored out, and retapped for the Grubee Cable, this would be a winner, they work great with King's Motorsports Grips and throttle tube.

Back