Normal 49cc Performance?

Extremely informative, Thank you. I found that Ace hardware has 2 stroke synthetic for around $6 a quart, so not bad. Very interesting about the whole back pressure theory. Would love to get more performance by taking the end cap off, but then there's the noise issue. A Ying Wang situation. ..... I have seen alot of those racing carbs, does anyone know how well they work? What kind of "real" gains one can receive vs just using a stock carb?

As long as the oil is for a air cooled engine and for pre-mix it will be OK. Since these tend to run hotter than a water cooled engine you don't want rapid wear from the wrong type oil. The first 5 kits I bought came with the cns2 carb, with the handle bar mounted choke enrichment lever that mounted on the handle bar. The CNS is hard to tune but runs well if its right, the best performance I've got out of my 48cc's was with the CNS.

What I've learned is to get a new engine running fairly good and break it in before doing a lot of modifications, a lot of people get discouraged when they do several things at one time and the bike doesn't run as expected. Until a person becomes familiar with one doing one mod at a time is best.

Yes I agree, one mod at a time....Are you going to get increased power with a new carb set up, like a racing type carb, or are you just going to get a smoother running engine?

this is EXACTLY like working on a guitar amp...one thing at a time! you change bias resistor in 2nd stage from 1.5 to 1.2k, as well as pop a 220k in parallel with existing 220k load resistor, then change the coupling cap to 15N rather than 10N, and suddenly you have no idea of what just did what, tonally...

start with a stock engine, dont expect any of your expensive "bling" or "performance parts" to actually add to the performance...they do very little. ie, carbs, high compression heads, intakes with reeds, blahbdeh blah bling bling...

chuck on the tuned pipe, expansion chamber, call it what you like, and suddenly... you have an engine that gets up and boogies... when you get it jetted correctly.

Back