OK, Let's Get Crazy About 2 Stroke Racing Oils

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
Break in instructions were like Wyvern said. Vary rpm and load, don't stay at a constant for long. Start out easy and increase load and duration over time. Avoid over stressing, over heating. Allow frequent cooling cycles, check all fasteners. You be golden.

Break in instructions were like Wyvern said. Vary rpm and load, don't stay at a constant for long. Start out easy and increase load and duration over time. Avoid over stressing, over heating. Allow frequent cooling cycles, check all fasteners. You be golden.
OR...

I've had a few new vehicles in my lifetime. I always drive them like normal and never had an issue with any. My only concern is to not WOT during the 1st 1000 miles or so.

I've had a few new vehicles in my lifetime. I always drive them like normal and never had an issue with any. My only concern is to not WOT during the 1st 1000 miles or so.
It's really not detrimental especially for stuff built less than 30 years ago, but if it wasn't broken-in on a bench as stated earlier, you might lose a couple HP or burn a little more oil.

I'm just a bit more fenatical about it.

I've never gone very high on a car--highest MAYBE 4k, in my life

But I've never been blessed enough to drive a manual (though I'm pretty sure I know how...)

Car I normally drive is a toyota sienna with over 130,000 on it

But I've never been blessed enough to drive a manual (though I'm pretty sure I know how...)

Car I normally drive is a toyota sienna with over 130,000 on it
Imo 3k is too much for a car. Manual isn't super hard to learn. It's especially easy when you learn in an old pickup woth a granny gear. Btw my truck has 160,000 and runs perfectly.

Imo 3k is too much for a car. Manual isn't super hard to learn. It's especially easy when you learn in an old pickup woth a granny gear. Btw my truck has 160,000 and runs perfectly.
my dirtbike is manual, it's probably similar right? I taught a couple friends to ride it, and the hard thing for them is usually the whole concept of the clutch. I taught myself to ride it though. Starting with a motorized bike. now I can take off as fast as my friend with a 140cc semi auto.

my dirtbike is manual, it's probably similar right? I taught a couple friends to ride it, and the hard thing for them is usually the whole concept of the clutch. I taught myself to ride it though. Starting with a motorized bike. now I can take off as fast as my friend with a 140cc semi auto.
It's the same concept, but a bit different due to ratio differences and weight differences

We used to have a running contest to see who could drive without using the clutch in an old ford crew cab. The winner was who could start, shift, back up, go forward and shift again without grinding the gears. This was in the bush up a logging road were you had to stop back up and go forward to make the corner.

I could never get it quite perfect, just as it was about to stall you slipped it in reverse, then the same in first and off you go.

So if you want to start it without the clutch, put it in first, turn the key and it starts, away you go.

Enough story time, I have to go look at yet another used bike.

Imo 3k is too much
For a big V8 or straight six, sure. 4k doesn't even touch the powerband on many smaller engines. I regularly wind my Versa's little 1.6 to 5k when getting on the highway. 106hp is all it has to work with, and it makes that at 6k lol.

Hell, my VFR barely starts making proper power at 4k rpm. It's happy at 4500 to 5000 for highway riding.

Back