on a wc-1 whizzer

As Wrench and others will tell you, the early WC1 had issues with the valve seats coming loose especially if you push the engine to speeds over 25MPH and get the temps up.

I have two low milage WC1 2002 bikes and have been "babying" them and keeping them under 30 mph and just enjoying them around the "hood" not hitting the highway. I have also installed a high volume cooling fan blowing on the engine to futher keep it cooler. Time will tell if that makes any difference in holding off the valve seat problem.

runs but a dog, can you bore out the intake on cyl. large or take out, I use to mill head .50, clean out ports, and use a high lift cam, and bigger carb,. how come some people have great luck with the wc-1 and other just have constant problems with them??? MIKE . is there any to keep the seat from coming loose

WC-1 should go 35 mph stock

Check you compression, should be between 90 psi and 120psi

runs, but a dog, why does some people have good luck with them and others nothing but trouble> what can I do to make it better, like to ride from 20 to 30 mph
A little TLC and your WC-1 should be just fine
If ya want more power these are the Upgrades for a WC-1 to NE-5 conversion Top speed 45+ mph
Cyl
Head & bolt kit - Cruzzer/Ambassador Head Shave .060" - .100" for best performance
Copper head gasket
New piston& rings - (just because)
Intake spacer & gaskets
Exhaust manifold & gaskets
Valve/compression release cover w/vent
Big Breather
Air filter & chrome cover
20mm or 22mm carb
NE-5 High Lift Cam
NE-5 lifters

You can find all the parts here https://whizzercruzzerparts.com.

I'm proof that Whizzer can be reliable and cruise at 40 - 45 mph all day
I've had my 2005 NE-5 Whizzer 18 years and put over 41K miles on her
The 🗝️ to long life is Maintenance Maintenance Maintenance (y)

Attachments

• DSCF3705.JPG
    DSCF3705.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF3708.JPG
    DSCF3708.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF9332.JPG
    DSCF9332.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF9355.JPG
    DSCF9355.JPG