Pulled over in Appleton, Wisconsin

I just ride it.

I am concious of the popo and calm it down when i see em, but i also have fun off rode. just hope if i get stoped there cool about it. I have full coverage Ins. but no registration or title DMV said i need. and ins. co. hav'nt droped me but kinda questioned it but ins card says homade cycle 49cc (really a 66cc grubee)

States are different according to laws.Here we do not need a license,registration,Insurance,And so on.But,If people do not care and won't sign petitions and try to get a universal law state to state.I fear this will become Illegal and result In jail time and fines.Today's society thinks a law Is needed for an existing law and to make another law.Instead of land of the free and home of the brave.I see land of restrictions galore and home of yes men who could care less about their rights.Gotta get more Involved In petitions and legislative procedures to fix this growing problem.And people who ride both mopeds and motored bikes need to start getting serious before any remaining freedom Is gone.

i was in highspeed pursuit and got away by goin down middle of railroad tracks.

343.05(3)(c) No person may operate a moped or motor bicycle unless the person possesses a valid operator's license or a special restricted operator's license issued under s. 343.135 or a restricted license issued under s. 343.08. A license under this paragraph does not authorize operation of a moped or motor bicycle if the license is revoked, suspended, canceled or expired
340.01(30) “Motor bicycle" means any of the following:
(a) A bicycle to which a power unit not an integral part of the vehicle has been added to permit the vehicle to travel at a speed of not more than 30 miles per hour with a 150-pound rider on a dry, level, hard surface with no wind and having a seat for the operator.
(b) A 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled vehicle that has fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power and an electric motor of less than 750 watts and that is capable, when powered solely by the motor, of a maximum speed of less than 20 miles per hour with a 170-pound rider on a dry, level, hard surface with no wind

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/document/statutes/347.489

347.489  Lamps and other equipment on bicycles, motor bicycles, and electric personal assistive mobility devices.
(1) No person may operate a bicycle, motor bicycle, or electric personal assistive mobility device upon a highway, sidewalk, bicycle lane, or bicycle way during hours of darkness unless the bicycle, motor bicycle, or electric personal assistive mobility device is equipped with or, with respect to a bicycle or motor bicycle, the operator is wearing, a lamp emitting a white light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet to the front of the bicycle, motor bicycle, or electric personal assistive mobility device. A bicycle, motor bicycle, or electric personal assistive mobility device shall also be equipped with a red reflector that has a diameter of at least 2 inches of surface area or, with respect to an electric personal assistive mobility device, that is a strip of reflective tape that has at least 2 square inches of surface area, on the rear so mounted and maintained as to be visible from all distances from 50 to 500 feet to the rear when directly in front of lawful upper beams of headlamps on a motor vehicle. A lamp emitting a steady or flashing red light visible from a distance of 500 feet to the rear may be used in lieu of the red reflector

Needing a drivers license for a motorized bicycle in Wisconsin is news to me. Despite that, I am surprised using a gas motorized bike is not more popular in Wisconsin than it is. Where I am familiar in the southeastern part of the state, the speed limit in urban areas seems lower than in northeastern Illinois. In Kenosha county, a small town speed limit of 25 mph is not uncommon. In the larger city of Kenosha, the speed limit is 30 for the most part. In northeastern Illinois the urban speed limit is more like 35 mph.

With a 25 or 3o mph urban limit, the better option is take the lane as opposed to riding near the shoulder. Take the lane on Main St. and go full throttle! A Harley rider would not think of trying it.

Back