rack mounted grubee engine? doable?

jatgm1

Local time
11:29 PM
would it be possible to us an occ chopper mount type that attaches to the axle and seat tube to stick a grubee engine on the rear of a bicycle and then just keep the second left side drive and attach it right to the left side sprocket adapter? then you dont have to worry about clearance and you can easily stick a 66cc engine on just about any frame, including frames with rear suspension. anyone seen this done before?

would it be possible to us an occ chopper mount type that attaches to the axle and seat tube to stick a grubee engine on the rear of a bicycle and then just keep the second left side drive and attach it right to the left side sprocket adapter? then you dont have to worry about clearance and you can easily stick a 66cc engine on just about any frame, including frames with rear suspension. anyone seen this done before?
i have seen a china girl rack mounted , it was on here somewhere i believe, seems easy enough just make up a V and mount that over the wheel then cut the intake and adjust it .
to do on a full suspension is different tho you would either have tho mount the V to the triangular rear section or else have a quality chain tensioning system to deal with the suspension travel.

I would love to get a frame with a decent suspension system instead of the crappy springer back end on my 4130 cro-moly GT LTS5 but I think I would want to keep the mass of the engine _suspended_ in the middle, not attached rigidly to the rear wheel. You also have to think about the gravity fed fuel system and keeping the carburetor steady too.
I don't think a rack mount is really playing to the strengths of the crappy time/Grubee engine.

Back