RS-68 Legal Motorized Bikes in Florida at last!!!

I am not sure what is about some guys who put a tiny little motor on a bike and then think they have to be anarchists. LOL Having worked in a custom chopper shop where there were quite a few tough characters none of them would never think of not having a tag. Maybe it is compensating for a small Pe*is which drives this behavior.

Its not my intent to be insulting here. The law is like a cancer ignoring it won't make it go away. For those who choose to ignore it but haven't had a problem I hope that continues for them. However how many times can you play Russian roulette before your luck runs out? I have found often many of those but not necessarily all who have chosen not to ride legal is because for some legal reason they can't ride legal.

Last edited:
If one wishes to ignore or break the law that is their business as long as it doesn't effect someone else. But in light of this great news that now motored bikes are now legal in Florida it seems hardly appropriate for those types to come on here and lecture us about how the Government is ruining their lives. If it is true,as you say, these are the same people who can't ride legal, wanna bet they are the ones who ruined for it themselves not the government. So while we can all be very happy that we can ride legal maybe they should just shut up.

Gene I would agree in most cases the individual has brought it on themselves as to why they can't ride legal. However there are a few states who simply don't want motorized bicycles on the public roadways. In order to be legal in those states you have to buy a moped from a certified manufacturer. Still it is my hope that those states will follow Florida's example and change their laws.

Like you said if a person choice is to not ride legal that is on them. However they shouldn't come on here misinforming others. If you can't quote the statutes and/or provide legal documents and/ or legal forms pertaining to what you're talking about then you don't know the law.

What the legal section should be about is the correct procedure, laws, guidelines and forms that are required for a build to be ridden legally in a certain area.

Last edited:
Why would I do that ,did you read the statute?Luck has nothing to do with this I was legal.

Heres the facts FLA STATUTE 316.01(27) DEFINES MOTOR VEHICLE AS: ANY SELF-PROPELLED VEHICLE, NOT OPERATED UPON RAILS OR GUIDEWAY, EXCLUDING VEHICLES MOVED SOLELY BY HUMAN POWER, MOTORIZED WHEELCHAIRS, AND MOTORIZED BICYCLES AS DEFINED IN [SECTION] 316.003 [FLORIDA STATUTES] SO UNLESS SOMEONE JUS TRING TO DESTROY THIS FOR THOSE THAT DT HAVE A LICENSE....BOTTOM LINE NO TAG FOR ME.

The 2013 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL
View Entire Chapter
316.001 Short title.This chapter may be known and cited as the "Florida Uniform Traffic Control Law.
History.s. 1, ch. 71-135.

Hey I live in Bay County FLA, and F.S. 316.001 STATES THAT MOTORIZED BIKES ARE NOT CLASSIFIED AS MOTOR VEHICLES. I have no D.Ls I HAVE been pulled over several times but TO NO AVAIL THEY HAD TO LET ME GO.LOL

You mean this one where you didn't know what you were talking about? Or do you want to suggest another? Regardless what you choose to believe about past events Florida law now requires you to register your bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres the facts FLA STATUTE 316.01(27) DEFINES MOTOR VEHICLE AS: ANY SELF-PROPELLED VEHICLE, NOT OPERATED UPON RAILS OR GUIDEWAY, EXCLUDING VEHICLES MOVED SOLELY BY HUMAN POWER, MOTORIZED WHEELCHAIRS, AND MOTORIZED BICYCLES AS DEFINED IN [SECTION] 316.003 [FLORIDA STATUTES] SO UNLESS SOMEONE JUS TRING TO DESTROY THIS FOR THOSE THAT DT HAVE A LICENSE....BOTTOM LINE NO TAG FOR ME.

FS 316.003 is the section on definitions. So which definition in that section are you referring to? Here is the only one that I know of where a motorized bicycle is mentioned.

FS 316.003(2)

(2) BICYCLE.—Every vehicle propelled solely by human power, and every motorized bicycle propelled by a combination of human power and an electric helper motor capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed of not more than 20 miles per hour on level ground upon which any person may ride, having two tandem wheels, and including any device generally recognized as a bicycle though equipped with two front or two rear wheels. The term does not include such a vehicle with a seat height of no more than 25 inches from the ground when the seat is adjusted to its highest position or a scooter or similar device. No person under the age of 16 may operate or ride upon a motorized bicycle.

So are you saying your bike is an electric?

The 2013 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 320
MOTOR VEHICLE LICENSES
View Entire Chapter
320.08 License taxes.—Except as otherwise provided herein, there are hereby levied and imposed annual license taxes for the operation of motor vehicles, mopeds, motorized bicycles as defined in s. 316.003(2), tri-vehicles as defined in s. 316.003, and mobile homes, as defined in s. 320.01, which shall be paid to and collected by the department or its agent upon the registration or renewal of registration of the following:
(1) MOTORCYCLES AND MOPEDS.—
(a) Any motorcycle: $13.50 flat, of which $3.50 shall be deposited into the General Revenue Fund.
(b) Any moped: $6.75 flat, of which $1.75 shall be deposited into the General Revenue Fund.
 Upon registration of any motorcycle, motor-driven cycle, or moped there shall be paid in addition to the license taxes specified in this subsection a nonrefundable motorcycle safety education fee in the amount of $2.50. The proceeds of such additional fee shall be deposited in the Highway Safety Operating Trust Fund to fund a motorcycle driver improvement program implemented pursuant to s. 322.025, the Florida Motorcycle Safety Education Program established in s. 322.0255, or the general operations of the department.

So you see mopeds and electric bicycles in Florida have in the past been required to be registered. This new law now makes it possible for motorized bicycles with combustible engines to be legally rode in Florida on the public roadways. The definition for a motor vehicle is FS 316.003(21). You're a really funny person Phil FS 316.01(there isn't a 27) is some document (not a statute) which deals with human and species extinction.

Last edited:
RS-68 is settled procedure for the DMV While we all get our tags to be legal Phil21 can go back to law school and impress us in a few years but until then let's hope he shuts up until he actually knows what he is talking about.

Back