Shifter Kit from www.sickbikeparts.com

These attached photos should help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 344
What's the display on your bike? Looks like its got mph but what about a tachometer? That video's money.

Initial review of kit

I rode a few miles with the new kit, install isn't for the faint hearted but it is as promised. Most noticeably hill climbing is improved, less noticable is top speed but that obviously improves as well. The bike I installed it on is 7 speeds and I find a better top speed in 6th or even 5th because of wind resistance. Dont have a speedo on that bike yet but I will clock top speeds. Very noticeable is how quiet the bike is without the left side chain, gear and tension roller.

You can start in low gear without pedaling by releasing the clutch but now instead of push starting it is pedal started. I would say that is the only negative for this system, but a small negative, I had no problems starting it.

Gas mileage, engine wear, noise and other factors all improve because you can find your optimum cruising RPM and let it stay there rather than wind it out at top speeds. Parts are all high quality so it seems this is a reliable solution and will make the 2 strokes a much better option for those bikes that have these engines.

I reckon the kits will give the HTs a totally new lease of life which they don't really deserve. This kit might be too good for those HTs and they need to step up to match the quality of the jackshaft kit.

Actually I had a happy time apart today and was impressed with the fine casting and finish inside the motor. It is supposed to be a 2008 from PowerKing. I just need a motor that does the job and this one does it. The shift kit is the real quality part though and is well done.

Back