Stoked About My New Bike

Thanks.
I got a Hynade 140 110/220 flux core only machine. I was looking at some that do it all and thought I would rather have something that does only one thing and hopefully does it well. Hard to say as I don't have any experience with flux core wire welding at all. Only done some stick.

What advancements have been made it the welding field! My little stick welder was under 100 and works really well. A pro welder on you tube was burning picture perfect structural welds with the same machine. Not long ago welders with these capabilities cost thousands.

I've been watching at lot of you tube on wire feed welding and it helps but nothing like practice. I'm getting better.

No pictures yet but I did weld in a couple of gussets. Hard to weld 1/8 plate to thin tubing. No points for neatness but a few points for done.

Thanks.
I got a Hynade 140 110/220 flux core only machine. I was looking at some that do it all and thought I would rather have something that does only one thing and hopefully does it well. Hard to say as I don't have any experience with flux core wire welding at all. Only done some stick.

What advancements have been made it the welding field! My little stick welder was under 100 and works really well. A pro welder on you tube was burning picture perfect structural welds with the same machine. Not long ago welders with these capabilities cost thousands.

I've been watching at lot of you tube on wire feed welding and it helps but nothing like practice. I'm getting better.

No pictures yet but I did weld in a couple of gussets. Hard to weld 1/8 plate to thin tubing. No points for neatness but a few points for done.
I don't like wire feed. I prefer stick or tig, but I can only use flux core because I can't afford welding gas.

Now that I've burnt a hundred feet of wire, I like how easy it is to start and control. I've never tried gas shielded so can't make a comparison.

One thing for sure is it makes a lot of smoke and spit. I would rather braze, I find it effortless in comparison but you can't beat welding.

They both make a lot of smoke so I have a big extractor fan running to blow it outside.

Now that I've burnt a hundred feet of wire, I like how easy it is to start and control. I've never tried gas shielded so can't make a comparison.

One thing for sure is it makes a lot of smoke and spit. I would rather braze, I find it effortless in comparison but you can't beat welding.

They both make a lot of smoke so I have a big extractor fan running to blow it outside.
Gas shielded is alot easier and cleaner than flux core. My favorite (mig) to weld with is a gas shielded flux core.

Finally got my 1 1/8 triple tree to work on my 1 inch head tube. Works great and doesn't drag at all. Also changed the dropouts to horizontal which added a bit of length to it. Lots to do yet.

Attachments

• TripleTree.jpg
    TripleTree.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 32
Back