Stoked About My New Bike

I really wish I did. I tried last winter after I built my bike to ride it, I kinda got away with it, but I wasn't gonna do it this year.
Yeah, even at a warm 30°, add in some moisture to the air and a 30+ mph wind being created by riding your bike; it can push the wind chill down even lower.

Was able to cast my motor mount yesterday. Bit rough, I had trouble with my home made casting sand. I used the wrong kitty litter, the one I have is mostly diatomaceous earth, not bentonite clay so it wouldn't hold together well. Nothing some serious clean up won't fix.

Slowly coming together.

Attachments

• Mountraw.jpg
    Mountraw.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 39
You should have wire wheeled the heck out of it before the pic. :ROFLMAO:
I'm showing the raw goods. Lol. The pic on the bike is after I sanded it with 36 grit in an angle grinder. The finish so far isn't great but I'm happy with the quality of the pour. I'l sand it some more before I paint it. I have some zinc chromate primer that works great as a base coat on aluminum.

Damn, custom molded parts! that's next level fabricating there.

How did you make the mold positive? (negative?)
Thanks. I have several hundred dollars plus many hours into it. Makes for an expensive motor mount. Lol. Pretty fun on an elemental level.

I made a wooden piece that is used as the mold. The short story is you pack the thing in sand, remove it and pour the molten aluminum in it and hope for the best. There is quite a bit to it, the design of holes and channels, the quality of the sand used(my mistake) and the temperature of the aluminum are all important.

Willitboost cast an intake manifold that got my interest going on this. Thanks buddy.

I'm showing the raw goods. Lol. The pic on the bike is after I sanded it with 36 grit in an angle grinder. The finish so far isn't great but I'm happy with the quality of the pour. I'l sand it some more before I paint it. I have some zinc chromate primer that works great as a base coat on aluminum.
It looks good. Custom fit for your bike.

Back