Stoked About My New Bike

Thanks. I'm not sure what it is. I ordered it through Amazon ca, the name was Zoom Cycles. I thought I was getting a two piece head regular CG motor and that is what showed up.
I had a look inside but I forgot to measure the piston. I'll have to have a look, I'll probably upgrade the wrist pin and add some spacers like I did on my last one. Seems to work well.

Thanks. I'm not sure what it is. I ordered it through Amazon ca, the name was Zoom Cycles. I thought I was getting a two piece head regular CG motor and that is what showed up.
I had a look inside but I forgot to measure the piston. I'll have to have a look, I'll probably upgrade the wrist pin and add some spacers like I did on my last one. Seems to work well.
That is the same one I got from Zoom bikes in Vancouver. Look at the photo challenge bike I posted.

The wheels of progress turn slowly. I finally got my gas tank mounted. This is a 5 liter tank for a China diesel heater. I wanted to use a 3 liter olive oil can as they are just the right size but couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway, this is 2 coats with a brush.

I'm going to paint a blue lightning bolt on the side to give it the battery box look. That blue cap is where you pour the electricity in.

Attachments

• Gastank1.jpg
    Gastank1.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Gastank2.jpg
    Gastank2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Gastank3.jpg
    Gastank3.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 26
The wheels of progress turn slowly. I finally got my gas tank mounted. This is a 5 liter tank for a China diesel heater. I wanted to use a 3 liter olive oil can as they are just the right size but couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway, this is 2 coats with a brush.

I'm going to paint a blue lightning bolt on the side to give it the battery box look. That blue cap is where you pour the electricity in.
5L. That's a big tank. 1.3 gallons. Great for a long range build.

5L. That's a big tank. 1.3 gallons. Great for a long range build.
I didn't want to put the peanut tank on this one but couldn't find a smaller rectangular tank anywhere. Probably just put a few liters in at a time.
This is on my 100cc 4 T. Have the pattern for the motor mount ready to cast, just waiting for the weather to improve. Casting in a rain shower could be bad.

Update on the casting of the motor mount.
An abject failure. I didn't have enough aluminum to fill the mold. I didn't measure the volume of the mold vs the volume of the crucible.

So have a larger crucible on order plus I am going to reduce the volume of the mold. Try again.

I did manage to melt most of a grimy old V8 intake manifold I got from the wreckers. Good learning experience. I'll post a couple pictures of my failed attempt.

Update on the casting of the motor mount.
An abject failure. I didn't have enough aluminum to fill the mold. I didn't measure the volume of the mold vs the volume of the crucible.

So have a larger crucible on order plus I am going to reduce the volume of the mold. Try again.

I did manage to melt most of a grimy old V8 intake manifold I got from the wreckers. Good learning experience. I'll post a couple pictures of my failed attempt.
Those engineers always expect you to build with the minimum material.

Back