Super Heavy Duty Wheels ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by the wheelmaster, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Hello, if you haven't heard yet, I'm making Heavy Duty Wheels that incorporate #10 guage Motorcycle Spokes, and Often a superior Lace Pattern (when possible).
    The Wheels come with a Lifetime Gaurantee ! If for any reason the Wheel ever breaks or becomes out of true I will repair it free of charge, you simply pay shipping, here's how it works,
    Procedure #1, you send me your wheel (or individual Hub and Rim you want to use), I build it up with #10 Guage or in Extreme Cases #9 guage motorcycle spokes, Yes, The rim and Hub need drilling, but I've eliminated all problems concerning this action !
    I then take a picture of your wheel and send it to you via E-mail, you then send me a money order for $190 (Shipping IS Extra), when I recieve payment I ship you a Super Wheel that will knock your socks off !

Procedure#2, You send me your wheel (or desired Hub and Rim) Along with a Money order for $190 PLus shipping, and I then build your wheel with the afore mentioned Specs and ship it back to you, Procedure #2 is obvioulsey the fastest turnaround time .
    Here's my Information
    The Wheelmaster, 37637 39th Ave South, Auburn,WA, 98001
    (253) 927-0271 "Talk to Morrie" or leave a message with your info !
    www.thewheelmaster.com
    Personal Message me as well if you like, all inqueries are answered quickly..
    THANK YOU MBC AND ALL IT'S PEOPLE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008

2. Motorcycle spokes. Wow.

My ship needs to come!

3. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

ya

ya what him said...i am po at the moment...

4. sparky

sparky Active Member

What do you charge for 12 gauge spokes? Is that all you'll do is 10-12g?

5. I only sell High tensil strength nickel cadmium plated steel spokes in #9 or #10 guage and no stainless in any guage, I'm not yet selling spoke kits that you can assemble yourself but in the future ya never know. :smile:

6. turkeyssr

turkeyssr Guest

Do they not make stainless spokes in such large sizes?? I'm sure the spokes are just as strong, correct?

7. stainless

Problem is, any heavy gauge stainless spoke you get will be too short because it's made for a motorcycle wheel, largest common diameter is 21 inches, 12 gauge maybe will be long enough, but I don't deal with anything under #10.
    Yes, Stainless is really good metal, very tough, IMO it work hardens over a long period of time in a way that my spokes don't , but I still endorse stainless because it's WAY tougher and better than the stuff your dealing with anywhere else, I still don't use it unless the customer provides it or I order it for him or her..... :D

8. I Like that!....Can you do NuVinci Hubs?
    Andrew

9. Hubs

I have not found a Hub yet that I can't superwheel, "Knock on Wood".... it certainly doesn't mean the one doesn't exist, send me some pics and I'll be able to tell easily, Jim.....:smile:

10. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

For what it's worth, the Wheelmaster has my seal of approval.

11. Mercury11235

Mercury11235 New Member

One wheel or two?

Im slowly building up my bike so I can just throw a motor on it and not have to deal with all the mechanical problems Ive been reading about. So Im wondering, could I get away with just a rear SuperWheel? or should I get both wheels done up? I need my mobike to last through it all b/c Ive decided to make it my primary mode of transportation..

12. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Just my opinion, I feel like the back wheel is crucial because it's so much more ddifficult to replace. It usually has whatever linkage there is to the motor. And it undergoes a lot more stress than the front. If it breaks, you're dead in the water until it is replaced. The front wheel can usually be replaced easily, so I wouldn't bother with it.

13. It's almost always the Rear wheel that is the problem, so yes, you can get away with just one !

14. Two or only two

But of course it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you did both ..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  15. Mercury11235

Mercury11235 New Member

Haha Im sure it wouldnt:rolleyes: I would love to get both done but Im kinda broke:eek: ...those "Sorry I F'ed up the Country" checks are coming out soon though so well see:p

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  16. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Mercury. How about posting an intro? It's a little easier to give advice when we know a little about what you ride, and your level of mechanical ability, etc.

17. Mercury11235

Mercury11235 New Member

My apologies Van. I got so excited with the prospect of these wheels that I completely forgot to introduce myself! (Which I have now done) I forgot to mention in my intro that I have a Mechanical Engineering degree and am quite adept with a vernier caliper..;)

18. loquin

loquin Active Member

My Sturmey-Archer dynamo/brake front superwheel got delivered today! Woo-Hoo!

Got to pick up a tube & get the tire mounted, then wait for my knee to heal (arthoscopic surgery for torn meniscus,) & I'm ready to roll.

19. kjparker

kjparker Member

Hmm, If only you were in Oz, I'd get you to build me one in a heartbeat! Wonder if there is anyone in Australia (preferably Sydney) who'd be willing to do the job!

20. I have built wheels for people in Oz before, the shipping is spendy, problem is I don't know of anyone else who cuts and threads their own spokes, if you can find a wheelbuilder who does more than just assemble wheels from pre-bought spoke kits then your on the right path, AND, they need to be a motorcycle wheelsmith to get the #10 gauge spokes, if you come up empty, lets talk about just haveing the wheel shipped here, do you have UPS in Oz ?