The HT lives again

T

Tinker1980

It's been a while since I've ridden a MB. I've had my engines sitting on a shelf, the bicycle frame hung up, the wheels hung up beside it, the tires in the attic. I recently revived another "motorized bicycle", a nice little four-stroke frame mount rig, with a two cylinder DOHC engine, great fun but the EX-500 isn't the greatest thing for a short trip to the store!

And, honestly, the wife missed the little two-stroke bicycle engine. So I grabbed my parts, grabbed my tools, got a new set of cables, and after a surprisingly short time, I had a motorized bike again. Tried to pedal it down the street, it went quite a ways and then started to fire... just a few putts at first... then it would only idle wouldn't take any throttle... I took the plunge and went down a hill with the throttle open, it popped and putted and clattered and started to sing that two-stroke tune we all know. Took it around the block, it pulled me up the hill no problems. Settled into a nice idle, great throttle response too.

Even with a machine that can go from 0-60 in four seconds, I still missed my rattling little two stroke homebuilt moped.

Back