tip of throttle cable pops off the pin/hat setup when I try to pull the throttle

That throttle cable mod is genius. Thanks for sharing that.
All I could say at this point about your high idle is you have an air leak or somethings up within where your pin goes in. Have you tried adjusting your pin? If untouched it should be on the 2nd notch.
You can also try 0 ringing your carb.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=4976
I did mine the way Mogyver69 did his.

Oh I see it. Yeah-- mines on the 2nd notch. It used to turn over pretty easily, but now it wont. This thing has been such a pain. I see videos of people riding their bikes around, and here I am, peddling up and down the street trying to get it to start. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The neighbors probably think I'm an idiot. Did I mix my gas/oil wrong? I used 6 oz of 2 stroke oil to 1 gallon of gas.

I am so frustrated with this thing!!!

Last edited:
The only way I was able to get my engine to turn over last time was if I set my hat screw as high as possible, and if I turned my gas ALL the way and just floored it. Then when it actually started, it was very jittery, and when I would give it gas, it sped up a little, but when I let the throttle off, the engine would almost bog out and turn off.

Man erickster,I'm starting to wonder now about your carburator. It's 25 bucks shipping for a whole new unit then you can start over again even with another throttle cable.

Sorry,I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else here has experienced this.

I packed my muffler halfway with 2 stroke muffler packing. I didn't pack it heavy.. I just slid it in there--- do you think THAT my be the issue? I've read a lot of posts about it, but no one seemed to have said it effected the engine in this way. The times my engine DID turn over, it was in there and I didn't notice any problems.

It's possible it could be restricting. I mean you can take it off and blow into it to see.
I'm thinking that your throttle cable mod somehow messed with your needle adjustment.
I wish I could show you my bike so we can compare.

But even WITH my throttle mod, I was still driving it around. Let me tell you EXACTLY what happened.. I mod'd my throttle. I took it out THAT night, and rode it around in a parking lot. Worked pretty good, still idling really high. Next day I took it to work, and my brother was riding it around. My brother doesn't know much about it, and I think he pulled the throttle too hard, or maybe my "mod" was loose, but the clamped "ferrule" on my handle-bar end of my throttle cable slipped through, so I had to re-clamp a new one, and set it up to make sure it didn't slip through again. This time it's much better, and haven't had a problem with that, but now it just won't turn on. Grr! I COULD buy another carb, and cable, I just hope I am not wasting my money on something thats not even the issue. It just seems so weird that it wont start, when it DID start with the same setup.

Back