Trying to find specs for my HT motor... any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by imjakethesnake, Jan 13, 2010.

1. imjakethesnake

imjakethesnake New Member

i purchased my engine kit (in the box) from someone on craigslist selling them for $100. (i do not have the guys contact info unfortunately) it did come with an instruction manual and specs for 3 different engines (50cc, 60cc, and 80cc) but i lost the manual since (a loosely put together packet of non descriptive info) it wasnt much help anyways. i know is from china and thats about it. i was wondering if there is a way i can get exact specs for it or one similar. i know its a 50cc engine kit. my sprocket looks a little thicker and a different cut/finish as the common kits i see online. what i know: 50cc slanthead 2 stroke, 44 tooth sprocket, throttle w/ kill switch, clutch lever, and a paper thin crome exhaust (that i immediately replaced)... all the hardware was as soft as chewing gum so i purchased my own hardware (nuts and bolts) the engine was COMPLETELY unmarked. the only sign of intelligent life was the chinese markings for the choke. and 4 letters on the carb (cant remember the letters) i was hoping to find manufacturer info and specs to print out and keep on the bike... can anyone help?:confused:

thanks guys,
    Jake

2. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

The 'someone' doesn't help. No idea of the vendor? There are some differences between kits.
    Also, this question would have gone better in the '2-stroke engines' section. You would have got more (relevant) replies.
    What specs are you after? A search would have found heaps. Even a quick look in '2-stroke engines'.
    A couple of the basics for HT engines are here:-
    HT Engine Specifications

The quoted compression ratios are for the flat heads. A slant head has about an 8-8.5:1 ratio. The rest is applicable.

Please rate it if you find it useful.

...Steve

3. imjakethesnake

imjakethesnake New Member

thanks steve. that was very helpful and did give me a basic idea... ive searched for specs but without much info it proved to be harder than i thought. i wish i knew the "someone" i purchased it from. he told me to call him and let him know how the instal went and if i was happy and when i tried calling his number was disconnected. maybe i was visited by the HT ghost haha. i just cant believe there arent any serial numbers or identifying marks of any kind. sorry about the misplaced post as well im still learning the website. i didnt know there was a "2 stroke" section haha. so thanks in aiding in the learning process as well haha :dunce: ill definently be giving your post a good rating. very helpful.

thanks,
    Jake

4. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

No problems, Jake. You'll find a fair bit of other useful stuff in the 'Sticky's' at the top of the '2-Stroke Engines' and 'General Discussion' sections.

... Steve