Two things you don't need on your 2 stroke.

A paper filter won't remove the oil from the gasoline. The only thing I know about diesel fuel filters, Large, is that you typically want it to filter particles down to 2-3 microns because the injectors are injecting at pressures of 25,000 psi (high pressure direct injection is standard now) and higher pressures and can be easily damaged by particles that would not affect low pressure gasoline engine fuel injectors

pre mix (peemix)

alchol in pee could be good ? wtf pee
but how much alchol in pee is to much for fuel use?
does it block your filter ha ha ha lol lmao
makes you think how it got there doesnt it
fuel tanks at stations have locks or anti tamper devises hey??
maybe at the refinery on the lines i dont know the mind boggle doesnt it ??
ta nickk

yeah that brings up a good point, surely the filter would interfer with the oil right? I'm keeping mine on for now anyway, but cleaning and sealing the tank does seem like a better idea
and filtering the petrol before it goes in.

If your paper element filter was actually trapping oil with 5 1/2 oz. of oil in 1 gallon of fuel it wouldn't take even a half a tank for the filter to be full of oil. You would easily see that in any see thru filter. The element is just trapping particulates. Oil flows right thru just like in the oil filter of your car.

ok geez i don't know what my newb butt was thinking trying to read this lol but its confusing! i'm not sure if i should use a filter or not now! if i do if should use a diesel inline filter and etc etc! hahaha why can't you guys live in houston and let me work on these bikes with you!

so like i said i work in houston and it gets pretty hot and humid down here....i'm take a poll about this...should i run an airline filter on my 2 stroke 80cc i think a jap croocky engine?

i see a lot of know how in here so i'm trusting yall!

my grubee gas tank has no rust or junk.i am using just the screen that comes inside the tank petcock. i dont have the clearance for a fuel filter and i dont need one more thing on it that could leak sometime. i will continue to not use a inline fuel filter.i dont even care if it has a airfilter but i still use the stock air filter anyway.and the paint on my cat black muffler is still perfect(no flaking or burning off).
48cc dualstart starfire gt2 grubee 44t sprocket max speed so far 32mph+ and over 166mpg(i still have gas in tank and im counting it in my mpg formula).
i used 16:1 for breakin and switched to 20:1 now and after i will use 25:1

What

I buy the biggest clear inline filter I can find in a year I have gone through 4.
The old fuel tanks in the local gas stations are contaminated with water, dust, urine and rust.
I have replaced a fuel regulator on my sons truck $96.00,
a fuel pump in my van $396.00. Because of the seasonal monsoon flooding the gas station fuel tanks.
a new fuel filter is cheap insurance.

URINE ?????
When I said **** on big oil thats not what I ment..
:giggle:

A 25:1 OR A 50:1 gas/oil mixture is too diluted to clog a paper filter, you could take a coffee filter, pour in let's say 5 ounces of 2 cycle oil, chase it with gasoline and every bit of that oil will flush right through. But I agree the sintered filters are superior for other contaminants. I bought a couple from Towers Hobby, they work well and keep the fuel line at the bottom of the tank, and are easily cleaned.

Back