Well I ordered my first kit!

Pull the seat off that white bike, it matches yours.

You should be be blowing a little of the blues, unless your using full synthetic oil. If that's the case I recommend you change to some dino oil for the first few tanks of fuel.
That's a "Bratz" seat from a child's bike. It's pretty comfy too. The seat post in the motored bike is seized to the frame. A project for later. IDK if the seat tubes interchange either, and I suspect not.

Pull the seat off that white bike, it matches yours.

You should be be blowing a little of the blues, unless your using full synthetic oil. If that's the case I recommend you change to some dino oil for the first few tanks of fuel.
There is a little. I guess its more visible just before sundown. In the bright day almost invisible.

The Chinese motors are actually based and cloned off of an old Russian designed two stroke bike motor.
I think it was a plant that made aircraft engines that originally made these engines. Idk if its true but I heard that in the ussr all military factories had to have at least 10 percent of production be for civilian use. Which that make sense if the economy is at least nominally democratically run. I don't enjoy paying for weapons with my taxes, so why would I let it have absolutely no benefit to my life if I had a say in it? There's a funny picture floating around of a rocket factory that also made bicycles. (One could argue that space exploration is of civilian benefit but evidently the elected planners and elected managers didn't see it that way.)

I think the old Russian two stroke bike motor originally got its design and blueprints from German motorcycle manufactures like Zundapp as reparations from WW2? And maybe the same deal with China copying the Japanese 4 stroke small engines. Initially Japan allowed it maybe because of what was done in WW2?

I'm also shocked at how little exhaust smoke. I almost wonder if it's normal, because even if it's idling, if you gun the engine, the exhaust is still just clean, almost no visible smoke?!?
Why don't I see smoke in the exhaust? Someone told me it's that newer two stroke oils are designed to burn much more completely and produce less smoke?
Older two stroke engines of older designs were copied and based on the early Soviet "D" series motors previously used in our motorized bicycles, often emitted more pollution way back when due to partial combustion of oil because of having to use oil in the gas for lubrication/cooling purposes, but this is not the case with the newer 2 stroke motor designs that is the industry standard these days...That is the reason why you do not see a trail of blue smoke following you everywhere you go...lol.

I was pleasantly surprised to see zero smoke from my Phantom 85 even during breakin which to me is somewhat of a miracle considering the fact they need to run with heavier amounts of oil than the regular China Girl motors...The Phantom is designed to be running cleaner even with the heavier oil/gas mix at all times, even after breakin at a 20:1 to 25:1 mix ratio depending on your riding style and road condition variations as well as climates they are operated in.

Considering that these are almost exclusively Chinese made motors, this is the one thing that Chinese manufacturers have actually been able to do quite a bit better than their Russian predecessors were ever able to accomplish...lol.

Back